Thursday, December 31, 2015

Saying Goodbye to the Old and Hello to the New.

CLICK ON THIS LINK TO MY NEW BLOG, WHICH STARTS TOMORROW, JANUARY 1ST, 2015



This is the last entry of my blog as I will be transferring to the new one tomorrow (the link is above).

My meme "Today's Flowers" will also be at my new blog, and I hope those of you who have participated will join me as the New Year begins.

I want to thank you all for visiting me and leaving all your comments, for your kindness, for your friendship, and for making this blogging world a very enjoyable part of my life.  The countries I have learned of have improved my geography greatly, here and abroad.  The cultures I have learned about, so many things too numerous to mention, it has been a wonderful education.

But above all it is the people whom I have met, who have made this blogging world a very special place.  

My blog is still a photographic journal for our son, one of memories for him to enjoy for years to come.  It has also evolved into what it is now, thanks to all of you.

An important reason for the change is, as I mentioned before, that some of you have let me know that you have been having a hard time leaving comments.  Also that it takes a long time to load these pages.  I started thinking that because this is seven years' old and there are an incredible amount of photographs on here, this may be the reason why things are slowing down.  Smiling here.

Does the way I set my comments add to the problem?  I read somewhere that this might be the case.  Embed, pop-up, full-page, I have no clue and I am not sure if this is the reason in my particular case. Wordpress and other servers talking to blogger, blogger talking to blogger, again, no clue?  It is not the only reason for my decision.  It just seemed to be the right time to start fresh. 

I welcome any comments and please let me know if those of you who have had the problems I mentioned, find it more of a pleasant experience to visit.

My new blog is

"An English Girl Rambles 2016" and it will be the forerunner of subsequent blogs, as I intend to start afresh each year, for as long as I can keep them going.

You can view it here.

If the link doesn't work above, you can cut and paste the following:

http://anenglishgirlrambles2016.blogspot.com/

Thank you for visiting friends.
Happy New Year!

(I am still on vacation and will not be able to read comments or publish them, but things should be back to normal by this time next week. Thank you for being so patient as I know I will thoroughly enjoy them when time allows.)