Monday, December 14, 2015

Monday Food Post - Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin


This week's recipe comes from a food blog hosted by Laura at Laura's Sweet Spot.  You can find it here.  She has actually moved to a new blog and I will be visiting and seeing the other delicious recipes she has at her new website, The Green Forks


Crockpot Brown Sugar Balsamic Glazed Pork Tenderloin

Serves 6

1 teaspoon ground sage
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 clove garlic, crushed
1/2 cup water
2 pounds pork tenderloin
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1/2 cup water
2 tablespoons soy sauce

Mix together the following; sage, salt, pepper and garlic.  Rub over the tenderloin.

Place 1/2 cup water in slow cooker, and then put the tenderloin into the water.  Replace the lid and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.

One hour before the roast is finished, mix together the brown sugar, cornstarch, balsamic vinegar, water and the soy sauce.  

Over medium heat stir until mixture thickens, about 4 minutes.

Brush roast with glaze two or three times during the last hour of cooking. 

Turn on the broiler.  For a more caramelized crust, carefully remove the pork from the crockpot and put on an aluminum lined baking sheet.  I have one with the sides raised about an inch. Brush more glaze over the top and set under broiler for 1 to 2 minutes, until bubbly and caramelized. Repeat 2 to 3 more times until desired crust is achieved but watch carefully as I noticed mine browned really fast.

There was plenty of glaze so I reserved half before brushing it on the pork.  With the leftover half I served it on the side when we sat down for our meal.   



What did we think of this recipe?  Yum!  Our side veggies were mashed potato and peas. 

If you are counting calories I figured it out but this is only an approximation.  

3 ozs. Balsamic Brown 
Sugar  Pork Tenderloin     104 calories

1/2 mashed potatoes         150 calories

2/3 cup peas                       70 calories

Approximate total:             324 calories



Added note: with the leftovers we had sandwiches, and what was left after that, put it into a stir-fry.

20 comments:

Linda said...

This looks delicious, Denise. I love to use my crockpot, too! :) I love your header with the red and gold, it is stunning!

Kay said...

Your photo is making me drool. This really looks and sounds wonderful!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Que maravilha deliciosa.
Um abraço e boa semana.

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Denise! I am always looking for recipes for my crockpot. This pork dish sounds delicious. Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday, enjoy your new week!

HOOTIN ANNI said...

You certainly have my mouth watering in anticipation of sitting down to meal like this one!!!

Tanya Breese said...

it looks delicious denise!

Sandra said...

drooling now.. i saved this recipe. I have been checking out crockpots but can't decide what i want, the big ones are to heavy for me to lift, even the part that comes out... the ones i can lift are maybe to small.

gigihawaii said...

That looks like a very good recipe. Your photo looks nice with the green peas for color.

Debbie said...

Looks and sounds very yummy, and just for the record, I am not counting calories !!!!!

William Kendall said...

It sounds similar to the way my mother would occasionally make pork.

EG CameraGirl said...

I love a meal that stretches into one or two more!

amo sin blogg said...

It looks delicious !!

Lowcarb team member said...

Delicious dish - thanks for sharing.
Hope the new week ahead is a good one for you, they go so quickly!

All the best Jan

Janie said...

Mmm, that sounds and looks delicious.
Happy Christmas to you and your family!

pattisjarrett said...

This sounds delicious. I will definitely try this. Won't hubby be surprised!

Linda said...

That looks really good!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Now I know how we will prepare the piece of pork tenderloin that's in our freezer, Denise. Thanks for the recipe and the calorie info as well.

Cloudia said...

You seem to choose great recipes to share, D!

Rose said...

This sounds so delicious! And looks it as well.

KL said...

Too bad that I'm a vegan; else, I was definitely going to try it. The plate looks like a piece of art though.

I went to your other blog where you have said that I should request that you include my blog as one of the links. So, here it is and please include. Thanks -- http://world-and-novice-naturalist.blogspot.com/