Thursday, November 19, 2015

DAYS GONE BY

The following are from an old-time museum I visited when I went back home in the summertime.  A lot of what we saw was from the Victorian era.  I will have more photos from there soon but I wanted to use them for Tanya's meme today.  Thanks for hosting Tanya.

1. Victorian shoes which I am not sure were for a child or an adult, as I can't remember how big they were now.


2. Victorian Jewelry.  I am always browsing the jewelry displays, and love to love at old pieces in antique shops.


4. I was never really a doll person when I was young.  I loved my teddy bear and my sister loved her dolls but I enjoyed looking at these very much.    


1. Commemorative China from Queen Victoria's reign.


5. This is a photo I took of an old tin of chocolates. Rowntree's Swiss Milk Chocolates was founded in 1862.  It was one of the three confectionery manufacturers in the United Kingdom, the others were Cadbury and Fry.  By the time Nestle's bought it, it was the fourth largest confectionery manufacturer in the world. I read my information at this link.  




You can visit other participants at Willy-Nilly Friday Five if you visit this link.  

20 comments:

  1. Love your selection. For some reason those shoes look like those of a child's. And for an equally unknown reason they make my heart ache...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited, Denise, what a fantastic post! I absolutely love the Victorian era! Years ago, when I was married, my husband would purchase the Victoria magazine for me and I spent many a happy hour browsing through it.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So interesting to look at all these old things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautful items from the past. It must have been fun looking around that museum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoo hoo at last I am able to comment on your post without a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Denise! Thanks for sharing your visit to the museum. I like the cute shoes and the chocolate tin seem familiar. Beautiful collection of images. Happy Friday, have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All of these give me a warm fuzzy feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What great collections.
    Teddy bears . . I was convinced mine were real/alive/necessary . . .
    Great week to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those shoes...all of these were interesting. I was not much of a doll or stuffed animal person. I liked dogs and cats--the real type. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh those shoes!! i really love looking at the personal items that belonged to people from the past...i also love that tin! thank you for linking denise and have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i just noticed elephant child's comment and it's weird, because i was super drawn to the shoes, even got chills when i was looking at them! they hold some kind of power!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. dolls, books and bears were what i wanted for Christmas until i was grown. even as a teen i got those dolls with crochet big skirts that laid on the bed... and paper dolls. a whole suitcase of them. i would have liked to visit this place and those shoes are truly art...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful nostalgic things, the shoes are the greatest...
    Have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful antiques and vintage items, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  15. WoW!!! some really beautiful things from a very special era!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful vintage pretties - love the shoes and the chocolate tin. The Victorian era was so lovely. I collect framed art prints of Victorian children. Have a lovely weekend! x Karen

    ReplyDelete
  17. The Victorian era china reminds me of some here in our War Museum, which places the dawn of the early 20th century into context.

    ReplyDelete