Saturday, November 14, 2015

ON SUCH A DAY.....


I dedicate my post to the people of Paris and all of France.   



I took so many photos of these beautiful animals when we were on vacation that I will be sharing more in future posts.  There are a few sheep in these shots too.  




I am not too close as I was using the zoom lens.  They are quite used to people and occasionally even come up to nuzzle your hand.  We are not supposed to feed them as it is against the law, but I don't think people can help themselves as it seemed to me that they were looking for a treat.  




We were also extra careful because of the foals.  We came across several.
















You can't help but feel uplifted by these magnificent free spirits.  To be in their midst as they roamed in these incredible surroundings was an awesome feeling.



You can read all about the Dartmoor Ponies here.

~~~~~~

I am linking with Eileen and Misty, with my thanks for bringing us these wonderful memes.  You can see other participants  by clicking on their names below, and their logos are in my side-bar.

27 comments:

  1. Hello Denise, I love these beautiful horses, they foals are so adorable too. The sheep are cute too, all are great sightings. Wonderful sequence of photos. Thank you so much for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise!:) Amazing photos of these wild horses and foals in there natural and beautiful surroundings.I like your sheep captures too, especially the one showing the landscape as far as the eye can see.Have a good weekend!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, my, Denise....they do make a person feel uplifted. Even just seeing your pics. I can only imagine how it felt to see them in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the healing beauty




    ALOHA, Friend
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_('')



    ‪#

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photos are exhilarating, Denise! i can see their joy and freedom! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful country, gorgeous horses!!! so sad about paris, it is so painful to watch the news and so difficult to not be impacted in such a negative way!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorrow in my heart for the people in France.
    Lovely photos of those horses.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The horses are magnificent! You captured them beautifully! Love seeing the adorable little foals as well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the countryside with all the animals in it. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, gorgeous captures, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing pictures. And thanks for stopping by my blog, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful. It's so lovely to see wild animals thriving.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful animals, and in such a landscape!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such pretty beasts. I'm sure it's hard to resist giving them treats.
    ~

    ReplyDelete
  15. By carrying on doing what we love, is how we win

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the post and the dedication. All of France is in shock at present, very hard to comprehend what has happened! Take care Diane

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful animals! I love both the horses and the sheep.

    ReplyDelete
  18. All of us who have spent time in Franc, especially Paris, feel the anguish of this awful event. Sadly, most of those killed were young. Young deaths always bother me more.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I just adore wild horses, Denise! These are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Denise, what beautiful scenery! What beautiful horses! I want one! (or 20!) Why is it against the law to feed them? Are they truly wild? No one owns these? Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. A peaceful scene for hope and a reminder that the world will go on.

    ReplyDelete