Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Old Photo


I love this photo and it definitely one of my favorites.  Our son looks very serious but he was striking a pose.  We were visiting my Mom and Dad in England back in the mid 80s. The item he is holding is a toy light-saber given to him by my parents.  He was a big fan of Star Wars even back then and could name every character.  He collected the toy figures too and would read each and every one displayed on the back of the packet it came in.  The flat cap he is wearing my Dad gave it to him for the photo.  We still have the one Dad bought for his grandson in our closet, one of the many treasured mementos we have.  Our son will be coming full circle as he is will see the new Star Wars movie when it comes out in December. 

Gregg made a solo trip to visit his Dad over the last few days.  I didn't go because I am trying to get rid of a sore foot that has been bothering me off and on since last June and I have been told to rest it as much as I can.  We'll be heading into a busy time again with the two main holidays coming up, and I certainly don't want to be hobbling around and missing out on all the activities.  I am really missing my long walks. 

I did go grocery shopping this morning and went out in the rain.  It  has been raining for the last couple of days.  I actually enjoy it and didn't mind it at all.  Just so long as it doesn't hang around too long right? 




Christmas Decorations are up!


I came back home after going through the drive-thru at Starbucks and brought myself a latte.  I put the groceries away but will need to get in the kitchen soon.  I want to make Gregg his favorite Chicken and Dumplings so that it will be waiting when he comes home.  If I start the process the day before, it will make for smooth sailing tomorrow.  

It sure was good putting my feet up and sipping on my latte, while watching the rain coming down outside.  I need to fill the bird feeders and sprinkle sunflower seeds out for the squirrels. 

It's been a fun week with son visiting on his day off, inviting friends over on another day and welcoming Gregg back home, even after only a few days gone, is always great.  

Whatever you're doing have a happy Wednesday.

29 comments:

Linda said...

Denise, it sounds like you have been busy. I love the rain. I love this photo of your son, he looks very pensive. That is a lovely grocery store, and I love seeing Christmas decorations. Your latte sounds great and so nice of you to feed the birds and squirrels.

orvokki said...

I love this photo of your son. The peaked cap is so huge and the son so cute.
Christmas is already in the air, it is approaching inexorably.

Hope your leg will come soon better.
Hugs

Elephant's Child said...

Love that photo.
Look after your foot as best you can.

Cloudia said...

I hope you are back on your pain free feet soon!



ALOHA, Friend
ComfortSpiral

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_('')

Kay said...

The sepia look makes that photo look very old. I love it too. I'm glad Gregg will be returning soon. I know he'll love having his favorite dish waiting for him.

Margaret Adamson said...

that i a wonderful old photo of your son and for yuo is is good to bring back the memories.

TexWisGirl said...

cute pic. :) glad you took some time to rest.

llandudnopictures said...

Great image, full of personal memories... hope your sore foot was up to the walk around the store, it's a big looking place!

Francisco Manuel Carrajola Oliveira said...

Gostei de ver a foto antiga.
Um abraço e continuação de uma boa semana.

William Kendall said...

He certainly did look serious!

eileeninmd said...

Good morning, Denise.

Cute shot of your son! I hope the rain goes away, I am wishing for a sunny day today.. Enjoy your day!

Michelle makes and bakes said...

What a lovely post, I hope your feet feel better soon, I love seeing shops in the USA, they always look so much bigger with more variety.
Christmas decorations were up in Tesco supermarket here on 1st November!. Have a nice weekxx

Linda Kay said...

Love the picture, not ready for Christmas decor, Denise.

Rose said...

You almost make me wish it were raining till I could sit and snuggle in my warm home.

I hope your foot feels better in time for the holidays...

Red said...

At 46 my son is also a Star Wars fanatic. He's watched anything Star wars over and over again. I spend quiet Remembrance day but I certainly remember the sacrifices.

Valerie said...

I hope your foot heels soon, it's probably the worst part of the body to get pain. I mean, see how it's stopped your walks. Love the picture of your son, the cap suited him, don't you think?

gigihawaii said...

I am glad you are resting your foot. Nice to have a café latte, too.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's so nice to look back at photo's and reminisce. Star Wars has always been so popular and of course with the new film due for release quite soon ...

Sorry to hear you have a sore foot, hope it gets fully better real soon.

All the best Jan

Country Gal said...

Hope your foot gets better . Lovely photos . It was rainy yesterday sunny today and rain for the next day or so they say . . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

genie said...

I have been out of commission for the last week so am way behind in my commenting and posting. I finally got up my Veterans’ Day post in honor of my daddy today. Hope your foot is improving. I know you are not going to have time for it to be bugging you with Christmas on its way. Take care and do not do too much - hahaha. I know you will be up and about.

Small Kucing said...

He sure looks serious there. Maybe thinking that he is a little man already when the photo was taken

Hope your feet is better now.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

That is a great pic. I love the flat cap. A friend of Uruguay gifted me one last weekend and I really like it. It is warm and comfortable.

Stephanie said...

Hope your foot feels better soon. Great images!

Linda P said...

A cute photo, Denise. I hope the rest did your foot good, all is well with the family and I'm sure Gregg will enjoy that meal. It sounds warming and delicious.

EG CameraGirl said...

Really cute photo of your son!

Sandra said...

seems just about everyone is having some kind of health issue, sorry about your foot. one of my friends at the Y fell in her garage and broke her thumb and now she can't swim for six weeks. beautiful store you were in.

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

Great old photo. David had a hat like that but he lost it somewhere. As for shopping, tomorrow.....

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

A lovely week ... Hope your foot does get better soon! ( gotta tell you that a day that includes shopping and making yummy chicken n dumplings, sounds pretty ambitious for a rest day ;)).

Linda said...

What a great picture of your son! And that's a large store! Could be a Wegmans.