Thursday, October 29, 2015

WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE



1. "Speak your mind but ride a fast horse."
~Anonymous~

(I found this quote on a drink coaster at a restaurant we went to recently.  Couldn't help but have a good chuckle.)




2. "When you are courting a nice girl, an hour seems like a second.  When you sit on a red-hot cinder, a second seems like an hour.  That's relativity." 
~Albert Einstein~

(The statue is by Zhu Ming entitled Einstein the Scientist)




3. "My fake plants died because I did not pretend to water them."
~Mitch Hedberg~

(Not so long ago a friend of mine told me that when her parents visited, her Dad watered all her silk plants.  My friend did not have much success with real ones, but she had some very realistic and pretty 'fake' flowers which I always admired.  Apparently so did her Dad.)




4. "If this is coffee, please bring me some tea, but if this is tea, please bring me some coffee."
~Abraham Lincoln~

(Years ago when I lived the first part of my life in England, I didn't drink coffee because my Mum bought Camp, which was a thick liquid coffee syrup in a bottle, or instant.  What was in the cafes was half milk and half coffee. I didn't care for the taste of any of it and didn't like coffee at all. When I moved to America at the age of 25 I discovered real coffee made from fresh ground beans, but didn't care for the tea very much which always seemed fruity or flavored with all kinds of herbs. When my parents visited, taking great pity on me and for their own survivial, they always packed a suitcase full of boxes of their favorite tea; great for them because they were able to take all their souvenirs back in the suitcase that was now empty of tea.  Nowadays you can get decent tea and coffee in both countries, but to be fair this is also the taste of a young girl whose palate was probably still developing.)




5. "Lead us not into temptation.  Just tell us where it is, we'll find it."
~Sam Levenson~
(No other words necessary!)

~~~~~~

(All photos I am using today were found online at Pixabay, a royalty free source.  I also want to thank Sandra at Madsnapper for pointing me in this direction through one of her posts which you can find here; she shares a link to Pickmonkey's page of 20 free stock photo sites here.   Sandra does great creations using PickMonkey. She has a great Halloween header right now.  Thanks Sandra!)

~~~~~~~

Today I am linking with Willy-Nilly Friday Five.
This is a fun meme and thanks Tanya for hosting.  You can click on the button below to visit other participants.

Around Roanoke