Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Williamsburg, Virginia

Gregg and I had a great time showing his cousins around various sights during their stay in Virginia.  And if you are reading this, hello Cuz, hello Cuz, we had such a lot of fun and we still miss you guys!  


Time was getting short but towards the end of the afternoon we decided to make a quick stop in Colonial Williamsburg.  Everyone was hungry so we popped into a place that offers expresso, sandwiches, soups and pastries.  It was called Aromas and if you want to take a look at their website you can click here.  Judging by the crowd it is very popular but we were able to get a seat.



The Cuz' ordered quiche and Gregg and I shared a club sandwich.




A few shops down the road on the other side of the street was The Peanut Shop.


 I didn't go inside but enjoyed window browsing.  Next time!
















Yes I even take photos of fake flowers, one of the decorations in the window.  It was pretty!



This little pig was attached to the building.






This gate led into one of the gardens.



Everywhere you look there are people who are dressed in Colonial attire.




A nice shed that I would have liked to take home.




However, it wasn't for sale.  It wouldn't have fit in our back garden anyhow.



If you want to see more photos of Williamsburg, on Pinterest there is a great selection collected by Emma Kay.  You can see them here.  I am looking forward to going back for the lights and other decorations during the holiday season.

I bumped into someone later.  An early visitor and he will be in my Good Fences post on Thursday.

18 comments:

Linda said...

Denise, what a great time you must have had, and the food looks delicious! I would have loved the quiche and fruit salad, it looks delicious! your photos are lovely, and I really enjoyed this tour. Thank you so much for sharing. :)

Elephant's Child said...

What a delightful outing. Lunch looked good too.

orvokki said...

Ooops. My comment of this little garden went to the previous post.
But I love these photos here. The Peanut Shop looks wonderful.
Have a happy day.

John "By Stargoose And Hanglands" said...

I always enjoy showing people around my locality - and it's a good excuse to try some of those eateries that look so tempting.

Margaret Adamson said...

I Hope you weren't drunk when you took that first shot. You seemmed to be sober for the ret anyway and it shows your had good fun there. I love tht shop and the garden you went into.

Christine said...

Hi Denise! Thanks for sharing and bringing back so many happy memories of our trip there in June! I loved all those old buildings! Looks like you found some wonderful shops too and a great restaurant! Next time I must check it out!

llandudnopictures said...

Great tour, I imagine the Peanut Shop looks very Christmassy at Christmas time too!

diane b said...

Love your collection of photos.

Valerie said...

Great selection of photographs, it certainly looks a nice place. Now about that club sandwich... how would I get my mouth round THAT!

Bill Nicholls said...

Looks like the shed could do with some TLC

Linda Kay said...

Denise, thanks for the reminder tour. We loved visiting there as well. Great shots of the little shop, and I would love to go there.

Debbie said...

awesome images, we do find some great places!!! i LOVE when a place is crowded, then you know it's a hot spot!!!!!

William Kendall said...

I would thoroughly enjoy visiting this place!

Sandra said...

I love the house and the shed, really beautiful. and that peanut shot is calling my name. my fav today is the little bird with the big feet..

Linda Gross said...

I enjoyed visiting Colonial Williamsburg. It has been so long ago though. I would love to see it all decorated for the holiday!

Donna said...

I haven't visited there for over 30 years...what a great spot and so much to see....looks like I need to make another visit!

Rose said...

The club sandwich makes me hungry just looking at it...I love the little shed, too. A nice post.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We loved Williamsburg! Thanks for the memories!