Wednesday, October 14, 2015

GOOD FENCES - SANTA CLAUS AT WILLIAMSBURG, VIRGINIA

Look who I bumped into in Williamsburg. These two photos were taken because in the first one I was talking.  I asked Santa if he would mind posing for another, as I knew in the first one my mouth would be going yackety-yak. 


I said, "Santa, you're a bit early but I would love a photo taken with you.  I haven't had one with you since I was a child and I found out Santa was actually Mr. Bissell, my Mom and Dad's good friend.  I knew as soon as I sat on his lap.  I could also tell he had a fake beard and hair and I recognized him immediately.  He tried to convince me but I was a smart little 5 year old and told him in as polite a way as I could, liar, liar, pants on fire, you're Mr. Bissell, my Mommy and Daddy's friend."  I remember it like it was yesterday.  He thought it was very funny but he tried to shush me, so that I wouldn't give the game away to the other children. The eyes always give it away.


This Santa, just like Mr. Bissell, had sweet and friendly eyes as he asked, "Have you been a good girl?"  "I think so" I replied,  "but you know, no one can be that good but I do my best!"  He then asked if Gregg had been good and I said, "Pretty good!"  "Pretty good?  You'd better be a good boy, I've got my eyes on you" and for emphasis put two fingers up to his eyes and pointed them in Gregg's direction, repeating the motion twice with a really stern look on his face, but I could tell by the twinkle in his eye he was just joking. He knows Gregg is a very good boy and there will be no lump of coal in his stocking.


Okay, so I guess this, just like Mr. Bissell, is Santa's Helper but his beard was real, well-groomed and it tickled.  


These little girls were so excited to see him and I heard him ask if they had been good little girls.  They giggled and that's where we left them.  

Santa was utterly charming.

The fences behind him make this a good candidate post for Theresa's meme. You can click on Good Fences to look at other fences around the world.   

I am also linking with image-in-ing hosted by Sue.  Click on her name's link for other participants also. 


Thank you for hosting Ladies! 

45 comments:

  1. A bit different attired from the customary image, but I like it. He does look the part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good way to show off you fence with a very good story

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet photo, Denise





    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral

    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

    ReplyDelete
  4. he really does look like Santa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful photos, and I especially love the one with you smiling, Denise. You have a radiant smile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a surprise - the first Santa Claus! Thinking about Christmas is a nice thing...
    We had the first snow here yesterday and it is very cold (and unphotogenic)
    Have a good day

    ReplyDelete
  7. I admire punctuality and keenness, but October???

    ReplyDelete
  8. It cannot be true, Santa Claus!
    But now it became clear where Santa Claus (Joulupukki) is spending his vacation, because he lives in Finland, Lapland (Korvatunturi).
    (You can write to him to Lapland, and he will answer to youjust before Chtistmas, look at here: http://www.joulupukki.fi/joulupukin-kirje/aito-joulupukin-kirje.php or in english: http://www.santaclausvillage.info/santa-claus/santa-claus-main-post-office/)
    These are very lovely photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the fence. And Santa - though I am so not ready for him.
    My partner will be very jealous about that real beard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good old Santa, his 'working hours' have definitely extended in recent years!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What's Santa doing there? He should be way up NORTH helping make all the presents. But he was lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What happy photos, and a great looking Santa.:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. He does look like a real Santa! I love his outfit and with your warm personality I'm sure he'll be good to you this year! I love the fences around Williamsburg too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello Denise, what fun. He does look like Santa! Great shots of you, Santa and the fence. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. He's a jolly looking Santa, that's for sure. I wonder why he was out & about in October!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Loved your story and the current Santa photos. He makes a lovely Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a cute post, Denise! It put my heart in a holiday mood!

    ReplyDelete
  18. now i am wondering why Santa was out there this early. he is a really great looking Santa and i love the second shot of the two of you, you both look so happy and how fun it is to find he is someone you knew.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Santa Claus! I like the picture of you smiling.

    ReplyDelete
  20. How fun these captures are! Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Guess he has to be somewhere he rest of the year other than Christmas :-) Great photos Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. i love your doggie header shot. so cute. ( :

    aww, Santa is too cute. love the beard. so fancy. i watched a show once all about the things that Santa's go through to do that job. it is very detailed. Santa's of all races. very cool. some for decked out than others.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Belas fotografias.
    Gostei do blog.
    Um abraço.
    http://andarilharar.blogspot.pt/

    ReplyDelete
  24. How wonderful! It's always fun to find Santa throughout the year enjoying a time more quiet than December. We see "him" cruising on the high seas sometimes, too. It's amazing how that man gets around!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Santa can be anywhere all year long. That is why we must be good all the time. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh I love it! Christmas is my favorite holiday. I don't think my parents have a single photo of any of us kids with Santa. I'm not sure we ever saw him on any of the air force bases we lived on.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Haha. I just had to chuckle at that cute Santa. It's been years since I have posed with one.

    ReplyDelete
  28. We are having snow on the weather this week. So snow is on the way. Hello Santa. Wont be long and you will be up into Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  29. How fun to see Santa and have your picture taken with him. I haven't done that since I was a kid either.

    ReplyDelete
  30. He really does look like Santa!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Cute photos of you and Mr. Claus.

    ReplyDelete
  32. On my goodness, what a wonderful pose with Santa. He looks very real and you look like a little girl yourself posing right next to him! It made me feel young again just looking at this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute shots!
    Thanks for linking up http://image-in-ing.blogspot.com/2015/10/a-little-bit-squirrelly.htmlat

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I so like this post.
    Happy Photo's - thank you so much for sharing these with us.

    ... and I'm not yet on my countdown to Christmas, even though the shops have quite a good selection of Christmas goodies and presents to buy.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete