Thursday, October 22, 2015

A LITTLE LIGHT IN THE DAY....


One story I would like to share this week. We have had company, my In-laws were with us for a few days. We went to Arlington Cemetery to attend a service and say goodbye to a dear friend but earlier we were in a quiet part of the cemetery and my father-in-law was getting back into his vehicle, when one of the drivers of the tour buses you see (an empty one on his way to pick up a group of tourists perhaps) stopped his big old bus, jumped out, walked across the road and thanked my father-in-law for his service, and then stayed to chat for a few minutes. My father-in-law, as many of you may have read on my blog, is 95 years old, a WWII Veteran and was wearing his Vet cap and jacket. That nice young man put a light into his day, our day, for being as kind as he was. A kindness from a thoughtful soul is phenomenal, but a kindness to our older and greatest generation is beyond measure.

~~~~~~~

I thought I would look for some quotes to join in with Tanya's meme.  I do love reading quotes.


1. The best things in life are free,
family....friendship....love....hugs....smiles....laughter....sleep....good memories
(and you can add your own too).


2. Be helpful. When you see a person without a smile, give them yours.
Ziz Ziglar


3. Never look down on someone unless you are helping them up.


4. Hide not your talents, they for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade.
~Ben Franklin~

5. Helping others is not only good for them and a good thing to do, it also makes us happier and healthier too.

~~~~~~~


You can visit others participating in Tanya's fun meme if you visit this link.   Thanks for hosting Tanya!  

Willy Nilly Friday