Friday, September 18, 2015

MORE DUCK PHOTOS FROM TORCROSS, SOUTH DEVON


I am posting more of these water birds found on our vacation in Torcross, which is in the Southwest of England in South Devonshire. Torcross is indicated by the red button on the map of the UK.





















The birds were very comfortable around us as they were obviously used to people feeding them. I didn't have any food but they still allowed me to take lots of photos, until a family with a dog arrived and they all went flying into the water at a high rate of speed.  The family was very nice and very apologetic as the photo shoot was over.  They kept their dog in check.  However, the barking had done its job.




But, I got my photos and I was happy with that.






























On our way back to our car and after a nice brisk walk along the ocean side, I noticed that the dog was gone, the birds were back and were seemingly content once again, with no ruffled feathers.





I am sharing with the following memes, with my thanks to our hosts. 

You can see other participants by visiting their links.

Misty at Camera Critters 
Eileen at Saturday Critters
Anni at Bird D'Pot
Judith's Mosaic Monday
Michelle at Nature Notes
Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday


Judith at Mosaic Monday asked me to share how I make my mosaics. I use Paint Shop Pro which has all kinds of programs that help you open several layers  and put photos on other photos, add borders, decorative features and 'tubes' which can be of anything; people, animals, vegetables, flowers, frames, corner decorations.  Tubes don't have a surround to them and you can place them on any photo with the aid of this program.  You can also make your own tubes.  I tend to resize all my photos before I send them out to family and friends.  I hope I am explaining myself clearly but it is sometimes confusing unless you actually have a program open in front of you.  I also tend to tinker and make lots of changes just for the fun of it, but in doing so I forget how I got to the end product.  I just get carried away creating.

I expect Photoshop has very similar programs.  The only reason I got into Paint Shop Pro was that years ago, when I first started getting interested on the computer, I joined two or three graphic groups which shared tutorials, and Paint Shop Pro is all that they used.  I have over the years updated my programs and always have fun using them.  I learned a lot of things but have moved on since those days.  On the rare occasion I might now go online and do one of the free tutorials just to keep my hand in.

35 comments:

  1. So many different types, Denise, and all are beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a delightful series of shots! I used to use that program. Since moving over to Mac, I use photoshop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honey I thoroughly enjoyed this!






    ALOHA
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=



    ReplyDelete
  4. There is really lots of birds.
    Very nice shots.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! there are so many of them. Wonderful photo opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who could not like post dominated by ducks!! Splendid.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely images of very mixed up Mallards! Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. they are all simply beautiful. i love the details in each one, the different colors and textures. awesome shots and the black and white one is my favorite duck... so beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Denise, fantastic captures of all the ducks, coots and the geese. Sorry the dog scared the group away though. I love the cute Coot chicks they are adorable. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like ducks. They are very entertaining and very smart ... dogs and ducks don't mix! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all these photos...ducks are wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a variety of ducks you found including a bunch that I swear I have never seen before.

    I found your comments about Paint Shop Pro very interesting. I use it but I'm a version behind. I have yet to take any of the tutorials and I need to because I want to use the layers function. I got it instead of Photoshop mainly because photoshop has gone to the monthly charge thing and I understand why they do it but I don't like monthly charges on stuff like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you've got a brilliant selection of photo's here Denise.
    Thanks for sharing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a bunch of beautiful photos! They sure are having an incredible day out!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your bird photos are so much fun, so close to such willing subjects. I like the feathers especially on the one male with the lovely iridescence on his head and so many colors of feathers in patterns. The chicks are intriguing, I suppose they are coots like the white-faced adult. What a fun time at the beach, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So glad you got your photo shoot and even the ones where the ducks are taking flight are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a mess of ducks/waterfowl. Loved seeing them.

    If I get to messing with photos, I tend to mess around so much, too, that I forget what I did to get to the end product!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You've got some lovely photos here. The closeup of the mallard drake is great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You got some wonderful photos before the dog scared them away. Enjoy your weekend, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the duck families enjoying themselves! Charming images all! Thanks for sharing your experience about paint shop pro. Actually I've limited computer savviness and am always afraid to tinker!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful!!!! Such clear, clean water too. LOVE the profiles you've managed to capture. Excellent...such detailing.

    thank you for adding your link this week at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    PS...would love to visit this area of England!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful duck photos, Denise! Love the close-up portraits!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Denise I know what you mean about keeping your hand in, I have forgotten how to use most of the programs, just goes to show
    Use it or loose it.
    Don

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you captured the ducks doing ducky things...very interesting markings on some.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Adorable and willing subjects for your camera Denise. Thank you for explaining what software you use for your mosaics, I know most of us only use free offerings but there are a number of photographers that participate.
    Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wow, beautiful duck images!Looks happy.

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a lot of ducks, with all the variations in colors and sizes too. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love ducks and really very nice pictures of them captured by you..

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you for the map for reference on where all the lovely waterfowl were ... And thank you for sharing about your collages as I am going to try that..this winter.. Michelle

    ReplyDelete