Sunday, August 16, 2015

The Eden Project in Cornwall - Part 4

This is the fourth and the last of the series.  Hopefully I will get to go again one day.  I do have other photos to share but I will use them at random in future posts.



You may recognize these flowers from my other post here.


A sculpture of a Buffalo made up of what looked like twigs...


and I do like how they have used that old chair and table as decorative planters.





You can see a very nice slide show of more photographs if you go to this link.  There is also more information, such as that  those individual frames are covered with thermoplastic called ETFE, which is a type of plastic (a petroleum product). It is recyclable, light and durable and if it rips there is also an ETFE tape that can be put over the rip, so that a panel does not have to be replaced.  It is also cheaper, lighter and safer than glass.  


Trying out that very interestingly curved bench and catching some rays.  A fitting conclusion to my post I think.


You can click on each link to go to my other posts at Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3.