Sunday, August 30, 2015

Random Photo


I was going to post this tomorrow and it is going to replace my Monday Morning recipe post.  Gregg and I have been away helping with my father-in-law while he has been convalescing and I have not done any cooking as such.  A few dishes thrown together but nothing that interesting.  So, instead, I am filling in with a random photo.  

This elk mother and her youngster was a magical moment.  It was taken back in 2007 on our first visit to Yellowstone National Park.  I had never seen elk before, let along a baby elk.  During the course of our time in Yellowstone we saw whole herds, not only saw them but heard them too as it was rutting season, and those big old bull elks sure can make a powerful noise that can be heard from a great distance.  If I close my eyes it all comes back as though it were yesterday.  I was thrilled to see many of these beautiful animals.  I came across several photos from that trip recently, some I may have shared already.  However, as I didn't start my blog until 2008 hopefully it is new, and if it isn't, worthy of a repeat.

Added note: I have just found this photo along with several others, and if you click here you can see them.

We have the plumber coming on Tuesday as we have a lot of issues to take care of.  While we have been away our son has been taking care of things and also a very nice lady in our neighborhood has been looking out for us too.  Just before we were due to leave a leak appeared in one of the pipes in the basement so we turned off the water and kept our fingers crossed.  Our son assured us after popping in yesterday that all was well but I will be glad when the plumber comes by next week.  I daresay he will be at our home for a few days fixing things.

Hope you all are having a great day, and will continue to have a great week ahead.

27 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

good luck with all the stuff you're juggling.

gigihawaii said...

Hope Gregg's father's health improves, and it's good that you are helping him get well.

Rose said...

Maybe the plumbing won't be too bad...

I would be so excited to see the baby elk. Or the big elk.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Best wishes for your FIL's continued recovery. Yellowstone is such s special place .... And your picture brings back great memories to me too! Good luck that the plumber finishes up before too many hours tick by on the clock! It'll be worth the cost not to have the worry tho.

Terri @ Coloring Outside the Lines said...

Hope your father in law is recuperating..and I hope the water issues get fixed. I hate to leave my house when something is wrong..I worry incessantly!
Very cool shot of the elk and baby.

Red said...

I hope the father-in -law recuperates rapidly. Elk are very majestic animals.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Great pic, and I hope that your plumbing issues are easily solvable.

Linda said...

Denise, I love all your elk photos...so beautiful and delightful! I hope Gregg's father's health changes for the better.

Cloudia said...

Hope the good gentleman enjoys fine health again soon! Praying for him, and for you & Greg

Stephanie said...

Hopefully it will all be fixed soon. Nice shot of the Elk and the wee on.

Elephant's Child said...

Beautiful things.
I hope Gulley is doing well.

Margaret Adamson said...

Well I love the Random image you posted today. Any more?

llandudnopictures said...

Beautiful photo... and good luck with the plumbing.

Valerie said...

I was wondering how your father-in-law was. Glad to hear he is now convalescing. Yellowstone - the one place I would love to visit. Sadly it will never be so thank you for this post and the link. I love the picture of the elks.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hello Denise
Do hope things are progressing well with your Father-in-law. Also hope the plumbing gets sorted soon.

Lovely photo of the elk, thank you for sharing. Thinking of you and hope your week goes well.

All the best Jan

Linda Gross said...

It sounds like your plate is pretty full. Good luck with the plumbing issues, and I pray your father in law's convalescence goes well.

Linda Kay said...

Hope your FIL is getting along okay. We could think about elk in a recipe? ;-)

SweetMarie said...

I've missed your blog! there's nothing like a mother and her baby. :) just Beautiful!
good luck with everything! I can relate. :) my dad is a master plumber and had his business for over 40 yrs! I'm lucky when it comes to those leaks and things. lol
hugs,
Marie

Debbie said...

lovely image!!! best wishes to your father-in-law!!!!!

William Kendall said...

I've seen elk while in the West. They're impressive animals!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We hope that Gully is getting better each day and week and our best to him and also you and Gregg. We have yet to see a moose despite living in New England for nearly a year, so your elk shot was lovely. And home repairs usually end up being more costly than expected, sadly. Hope yours is not so bad.

Penelope Puddlisms said...

Glad to hear your father-in-law is now in the convalescing stage as this implies he is in recovery.

Hope your plumbing problems turn out to be minor. Leaving home is a bit of a worry when traveling but having good neighbours and family to oversee things eases the journey considerably.

bettyl-NZ said...

That is, indeed, a magnificent sight. Don't worry about us, we will still be here when things settle down in your life :)

ladyfi said...

Sweet shot!

pattisjarrett said...

I've never seen elk, didn't expect them to be that pretty color. Glad the water stayed where it belonged. It can get messy when it escapes the boundaries we set for it.

Stewart M said...

You sound very busy - but thats a nice shot, random or not!

Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

Happy to hear your FIL is doing well.