Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday Food Post - Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad


I have a favorite chicken salad recipe which you can see here, but when I saw this one it looked so good I had to make it.  It isn't that far away from my original but doesn't have the green onions and this one has the addition of cranberries.  I found the recipe at this blog called, Life Currents.  It is another great looking food blog and I shall be visiting it again for more recipes.



Cranberry Pecan Chicken Salad - serves 6

3 cups cooked, shredded chicken
3/4 cup mayonnaise
3/4 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup dried, sweetened cranberries
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon white pepper

Combine all the ingredients 




mixing well with the mayonnaise.  




Refrigerate for an hour to allow flavors to combine.  Serve chilled.


6 servings

Calories: 421

Fat: 32g

Protein: 23g

Carbs: 11g

The above nutritional measures are approximate.



What did I think of this recipe?  Excellent, very tasty.  I used a one-cup measure to put the salad on top my serving plate, first adding a few lettuce leaves.  It was a lovely dinner last night. 

24 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello Denise, your Cranberry-pecan chicken salad looks delicious. Thanks for sharing the recipe. Happy Monday! Wishing you a happy week ahead!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

This looks really excellent.

Möwe von der Insel said...

This salad I like alot better than the
last one :) But I would exchange the
pecans and the celery for something else.
I guess I'm a very picky eater :))

Have a beautiful day Denise!
Möwe

Sandra said...

looks good to eat and beautiful to photograph. love the dish

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

I have a recipe similar to this. I use breast meat and include the dried cranberries and celery. No nuts however. Yum!

Linda said...

Beautiful presentations, Denise, and this sounds really tasty and refreshing. :)

Linda Kay said...

Anytime I am in a place to order a sandwich, I like to try the chicken salad. I do like to have cranberries in the salad, as it adds a great contrast to the chicken.

Karen S. said...

I just adore this recipe, and nearly made some for our weekend camping trip. I like bringing some prepared foods that one can just quick grab a bite!

gigihawaii said...

That chicken salad looks simply gorgeous.

Elephant's Child said...

Salads have come a long way from the limp lettuce leaf and soggy tomato I grew up on haven't they? Which is wonderful.

William Kendall said...

It looks delicious- though I'd refrain from adding the pecans!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

We love chicken salad and I enjoy changing it up once in a while! I'll try this.. Yum. Sometimes on very busy in town errand days I'll buy a rotisserie chicken and the leftovers (or part of them) make wonderful salad.

Cloudia said...

That could become a favorite! Thanks









Jennifer A. Jilks said...

Everything is good with cranberries!!!

Gail Dixon said...

We recently discovered cranberry almond chicken salad at Costco. They come in 140 calorie containers. I'd love to try this recipe, though. Thank you for sharing.

Mama Zen said...

That looks yummy!

Rose said...

This sounds good during the hot weather we have been having.

Stephanie said...

Looks delish, something to make when it is too hot to eat warm food.

Kay said...

Oh yum! This looks really wonderful and actually pretty simple to make... even for me. Thank you!

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I've had varieties of this (with walnuts) and really enjoyed it. I'll be sure to try this recipe as well. Thanks Denise

SweetMarie said...

looks and sounds delicious!!!

Pam said...

I love chicken salad - this looks really delicious with the cranberries and pecans.

Lowcarb team member said...

Denise ... this looks a lovely recipe idea, and thanks for putting the nutritional values up too. A great mix of food - bet it tastes heavenly.

All the best Jan

Debbie said...

i make it the exact same way but i use almond slivers as my nut!! i love the way you served it!!!