Saturday, August 8, 2015

COOPER'S HAWK


While sitting in my in-law's sun room not so long ago I saw this beauty gracefully glide down towards one of the many squirrels feeding in their garden.  No squirrel was harmed as the one he was after ran up one of the large pine trees as fast as greased lightning.  The others disappeared just as quickly.  He waited around for a while and eventually flew away.  It wasn't long before the squirrels appeared and resumed their feeding.


I am thinking this is a Cooper's Hawk but please correct me if I am wrong.














I am sharing with the following enjoyable memes, with grateful thanks to our hosts. You can see other participants by visiting the links below.

Misty at Camera Critters 
Eileen at Saturday Critters
Anni at Bird D'Pot
Judith's Mosaic Monday
Michelle at Nature Notes