Sunday, August 2, 2015

BIRD D'POT AND WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

Sorry, not too sure of any of the ID's of these birds. The first one looks a bit like an Eastern Bluebird, the one below it reminds me of a Black-capped Chickadee, there is some kind of Quail in the mix and what looks like a Cardinal in its molting stage.  The yellow bird, not a clue. I know you birders out there will help with the identification so thank you in advance. There were no signs that I could see but I found a blog online that said they housed local songbirds.


These were also taken at the Virginia Aquarium.  There was a small, enclosed area that we walked through with birds flying around, but also turtles resting in a man-made pond.  It seemed to me that these birds had been injured as I noticed a couple had eye problems.  








All the birds were banded.




This one seemed to be going through a molting stage.


The above photos - which were a bit dark - were taken with my larger camera with a zoom, the two photos below were taken with my cell phone which I later cropped.







I am linking with Anni at Bird D'Pot, and Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday.  A big thank you to our hosts for these wonderful memes.

31 comments:

  1. Oooh....birds and turtles as well, Denise? Gorgeous photos, I would love to visit a place like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How nice to think that these beautiful birds are receiving the care that they need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That last little yellow bird has a very long beak for its size. You did not name any of them soI a bit at sea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the ones you took with the cell phone. They are exceptionally clear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice pictures - the phone did well under the conditions.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Photos. One looks like a chick a dee with an attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Denise, these are lovely photos and birds. I like the quail and the last yellow bird. Could it be the blue-winged warbler? Not sure! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A most lovely day to be a bird! Fun pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely shots of these birds. That poor molting bird!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooh such a treat!!! love that bright yellow one, it reminds me of our state bird, the goldfinch!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. A good place for injured birds to recover it seems.

    ReplyDelete
  12. my favorite is the yellow one

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't identify them, but they are all beautiful birds. Lovely photos of them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. They are all beautiful! The cell phone images are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. one looks like a bobwhite! haven't seen one since i left wis!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sometimes you just post them and you blog pals will help you ID them. Don't look at me, but I'm happy not knowing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Denise,
    What a lovely set of photos! The big camera did a good job of the photos in the darker areas and the phone camera also has done a good job, it seems.
    I know little about molting of birds, but we have/had (don't know if BK killed her, yet), who has feathers only one side.
    Have a Great Week!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow...spectacular images!! Love the quail and it camouflaged dressing!!!

    All images are great Denise.


    Thank you for sharing this post at I'd Rather B Birdin'

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice variety of birds. Sorry, I'm no good with IDs but I think you might have the first 2 right.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great bird shots. Love the cheeky look on the last one.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Pretty bird shots Denise!
    Love the yellow one, and I
    feel so sorry for that poor
    thing loosing it's feathers.

    Have a beautiful week!
    Möwe

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm always amazed at the vibrant blue color on bluebirds. I wish we had them in Hawaii.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely, lovely birds! Enjoyed this series so much!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Birds are my favorite shots Denise - these are amazing - thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great series! The cutest is the last photo...
    Greetings from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  26. Denise, I think your birds in order are:
    1. Eastern Bluebird
    2. Black-capped chickadee
    3. Northern Bobwhite
    4. Prothonotary Warbler ?
    5. molting female cardinal
    6. and 7. same as 4.

    How nice to see such variety!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Amazing what the cell phone can do! Nicely done on those shots. The quail looks like a Northern Bobwhite and your Eastern Bluebird is correct:)

    ReplyDelete