Thursday, July 9, 2015

Vacation Journal - Part 6 continued - The Montpelier in Brixham


When we got back to Brixham from our boat ride to Dartmouth, our niece had never had a Devonshire Cream Tea and wanted to try one.  I remembered a place across the road from the fish market. However, I had difficulty finding it again. That was our good fortune as we popped into The Montpelier, saw what a pretty place it was and the menu posted outside indicated it served cream teas.  



What a lovely experience!  We met the owners (that's Simon and Jane in the photo above) and at that time they told us they had only been open for ten days. I asked them if they would mind if I mentioned them on my blog. They very graciously agreed and also posed for a photo when I asked.  I also took photos of their very yummy scones.....







along with the complimentary plate of petit fours they usually serve with their afternoon teas.  All their pastries are made by a local French Chef and they were truly delicious, and very pretty to the eye.



I can very highly recommend a visit to the Montpelier the next time you are in Brixham.  It was one of the nicest experiences meeting Simon and Jane, the owners.  They are very warm and friendly and a joy to talk to, and also the Montpelier has a lovely atmosphere that we enjoyed very much.  Their menu was quite extensive and we were hoping to pop in again before we left the area, but time just got away from us.  They will certainly be getting a visit from us the next time we go to Brixham.

Open daily from 10.00 a.m. to 11.00 p.m., you can find them at 5-7 The Quay, Brixham, Devon, TQ5 8AW.  They are on the harbor not too far from The Golden Hind.  


In case you miss vacation posts I will be adding a link to the previous ones.

Part 1 here.

Part 2 here.
Part 3 here.
Part 4 here.
Part 5 here.
Part 6 here.


(To all the hosts of the memes I love to participate in, I will posting my journal for a while but will be back joining in once these are over with.)