Sunday, May 10, 2015

THE TURKEY VULTURE



One of Mother Nature's clean-up crew.  Not the prettiest bird, the Turkey Vulture, but he is really lovely in flight.  I see a lot of them in our area and I whenever I looked up I used to hope that he was a Bald Eagle, but after my initial disappointment I began to see what a graceful bird he was.  



I was lucky enough to find one spreading its wings on a fence post on one of our drives in the countryside.  You might not think so but I think he's an awesome bird and handsome in his own way.  Of course this could be a lady vulture but I have no clue how to tell the difference.  You can go here to learn more about them.




I am linking with Anni at Bird D'Pot, Michelle at Nature Notes, and Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday.  A big thank you to our hosts for these wonderful memes.