Friday, May 1, 2015

BIRDS AND FLOWERS AT MEADOWLARK GARDENS


There was a lot of activity at my favorite garden.



I am not sure what type of bird this is, other than the fact that it looks like some kind of sandpiper with those long legs.  Any ideas?  My photo is a bit blurry as I cropped it.



Our American Robin, there are always a lot of these around.


The Tree Swallows were very interested in this bird house....


and ignoring this one.  Both looked like fixer-uppers.


There were several sitting in trees.....


and flying low over the lake.  


So much fun to watch. 


A nest waiting for its eggs.  Signs of new life in buds on all the trees.  


A tin woodpecker.


This is one of my favorite times of the year seeing all the spring blossoms trees blooming.


A Red-winged Blackbird was tucking into something very tasty on this tree.









You can just see a touch of red starting to show on his 'epaulet'





One of the two geese I saw nesting that day.


with its mate standing guard.


He is not missing a thing.


I thought I would finish with a few flowers.














I am linking with Camera Critters and Saturday Critters.  Also Anni at Bird D'Pot, Laura at iHeartMacro, Michelle at Nature Notes, Judith at  Mosaic Monday, and Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday.  A big thank you to our hosts for these wonderful memes.