Friday, April 10, 2015

WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE

For my Willy-Nilly Friday Five I am sharing five old family photos that Gregg's sister came across recently. They were ones we sent out at the time all those years ago.  

These are from August 1987 when my son was eight years old.  We visited my sister and her family who were living in Norway at the time.  I have to thank my sister-in-law very much as I haven't set eyes on these in many years.  I have my own copies but they are in boxes in our storage area, which I have been meaning to explore but have not yet gotten around to.


1)  Son with a sign in Norwegian.  We were visiting a silver mine, (though I have no recollection of this place). 



2) Son walking by these lovely boats, a sign on the first one read, "Drive the Viking Way".



3) We were visiting a living museum.  On the back of the photo I had written, "When we got out of this enclosure, my brother-in-law read a sign that said 'Don't run around the goats, don't approach the goats at break-neck speed, don't make loud noises.'"  Son had done all of these but fortunately had not been head-butted once.


4)  As I mentioned at the top, our son was eight and our neice was 20 months' old.  They are both married now.  How time flies!  



5)  These photos of the two of them together at one of several lakes we visited.



Thank you Tanya for hosting this very enjoyable meme.  To see other participcants you can lick on the link below.

Willy-Nilly Friday Five


25 comments:

  1. Hi Denise, Always nice to go back and look at the old photos. They bring back so many memories! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Denise, I love these old photos of your son... The last two are my favorite..And the goat photo too. Have a happy day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely shots of kids by the water...it just makes my heart ache for the innocence of children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it lovely looking back at old photos and bringing back happy memories. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely memories. That lake looks just like Bala Lake in Gwynedd Wales.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can see that bringing back a lot of memories. The lake particularly appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh, the 2nd to last shot is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is nice to look back at great memories in photos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe that photos exist to remind us of things we forget, to jog our memories and help us remember.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful memories! Kids grow up so fast. I imagine Norway is a beautiful place.

    ReplyDelete
  11. easy, breezy, everyday life stuff!!!! it's always fun to reminisce!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely photos, and such delightful memories to share!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love seeing your son! He is very handsome! The last picture is just gorgeous, with the water and mountains, and the children in the foreground. It reminds me a bit of pictures I have seen of Japan. I love those red boats with the very blue sky. And am glad he did not get butted by a goat, they must have liked him.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't it fun to go through old photos and relive all of those memories? Great picture of your son and niece....

    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the old photos. How nice you got such nifty shots and photos returned.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denise, this is such a lovely series of heartwarming photos, and your son is quite handsome. I needed to see photos like this, thank you so much for sharing. Here in Montreal today it is dull, rainy and dark, and still some snow around in places. The snow that has already melted has become a series of large puddles and mud in areas...yuck. So this post really made me smile, thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm glad the goat visit went well!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I especially love the picture of your son with his niece at the beach. Looks like a wonderful time was had by all, and the goat is so cute. He doesn't look so threatening.

    ReplyDelete
  19. To take photos from one event is a good way to remember things.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lindas lembranças Denise! Amei as fotos e a sua história!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Denise, I love those last two of your son and niece. I totally agree that time flies...it is going way too fast for me these days.

    ReplyDelete
  22. that baby goat looks too gentle to be mean

    ReplyDelete
  23. These are lovely memories and yes, time flies faster and faster.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had missed this post! What wonderful memories! I am starting to get all my old photos organized! Such a daunting task! :-)

    ReplyDelete