Monday, April 27, 2015

Monday Food Post - Honey-Glazed Salmon


I decided to make this dish after browsing through "Damn Delicious" which is hosted by Chungah.  You can see her actual recipe here.  

Honey Glazed Salmon - serves 4
(I made this recipe for the first time on April 21st, 2015)

Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes

For the salmon:

4 salmon filets
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
Zest of 1 lime

For the Browned Butter-Lime Sauce

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tablespoon honey
Juice of 1 lime
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste



Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

To make the browned butter lime sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.

Cook, whisking constantly, until the foam subsides and the butter begins to turn golden brown, about 3 minutes.

Stir in the garlic, honey and lime juice, salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.

Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste.

Dredge each salmon filet with 1 tablespoon of flour and drizzle with 1 tablespoon of honey.

Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat.

Working in batches, add salmon to the skillet and sear both sides until golden.

Place into oven and bake until completely cooked through, about 8-
10 minutes.  

Serve immediately with the browned butter-lime sauce and lime zest.



What did I think of this dish?  It was delicious and is now my favorite way to cook salmon.

After searing I cooked mine in the oven for 15 minutes.  My fish may have been a little thicker and you have to adjust cooking time. Otherwise I followed the recipe to the letter.

A simple salad of spring greens with grape tomatoes, small pieces of cauliflower, cucumbers and green onion went very well with this.  You can use your favorite dressing. I grew up without dressings on my salads so prefer going without most of the time.

Thank you Chungah for another winning recipe for my collection.

22 comments:

  1. Dear Denise,

    I absolutely love salmon, and this looks and sounds scrumptious! The presentations are beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures of the food. I may have to try it. I almost try to eat my computer screen. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! I need to make this because we have salmon at least once a week. I poach mine with lemon and dill.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Denise, the salmon sound and looks delicious. I am always looking for new ways to cook salmon. I will be trying to recipe, thank you for sharing. Have a happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks good, Denise. I'm not a great lover of fresh salmon so I think this would improve the taste for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. and the photos of damn delicious are damn beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems it was very delicious and meantime it's quite healthy as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! I'm definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still make the honey salmon recipe you posted weeks ago. It is my favorite way to cook salmon. I bake it in a covered dish in a 375 F oven for 20 minutes. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that looks so, so good and pretty simple to make. I am mentioning you on Tuesday's post with a link back to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, I love, love, love salmon, and this looks delicious. Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have never learned to like salmon. I've tried! The photos look so yummy, too. :/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks delicious. You have a missing latter in the word 'slt' in the fourth line of the browned-buttr recipe. Sorry, but I did much copy editing in a previous life.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yum! I love salmon, must try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks good for those who like seafood!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am not a salmon person, but one of my daughter is...I should send this to her. It looks sooo good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Denise, visiting from Gill's blog as she provided a link. Anyone who remains such a loyal follower to Gill is alright in my book so im now following you too. Im No. 578!!! Wow, you blog must be fantastic! What have i been missing?

    Cheers, Lynda from Melbourne, Australia.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That looks absolutely delicious but the only salmon we seem able to buy in Perth is Atlantic salmon from the salmon farms in Tasmania and at about $30 per kilo it is somewhat beyond our means.
    Our son-in-law barbecued a piece each for us a few years back and I can remember the taste of it still.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yummy. I love salmon .., saving this one for oregon though. It's local there. I think we ate it about half of the days we were in Alaska ...

    ReplyDelete
  20. That honey sauce sounds very good! I eat salmon every other week, so I will use this -thanks for sharing!
    By the way thanks for visiting my blog (that must have been a culture shock, moving from CA to nay other state:) )

    ReplyDelete