Friday, April 10, 2015

CAMERA CRITTERS AND SATURDAY'S CRITTERS


The Reston Zoo has a small town of Prairie Dogs.  I have always found these animals very endearing.  My first memory of them was at another zoo and when bending over the rim I found one staring up at me, and it gave out the loudest bark, so loud that it startled me and I almost fell out of my shoes.  He was a good little protector for the rest of his family.  Ever since that first sighting I have loved them.  



You can read all about them here.



I have been lucky enough to see them in their natural habitat and have shared posts about them before on this blog.  If you click on the label "Prairie Dogs" just below this post, it will take you to them.































I am linking with Camera Critters and Saturday Critters.  Their logos are on my side-bar.  Thank you Misty and Eileen for hosting two very enjoyable memes.