Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday Food Post - Thai Peanut Sauce For Stir-Fries


Gregg and I enjoy this sauce very much and have each declared it one of our favorites.  I can't remember where I got it from originally. We add it to many a stir-fry and if you enjoy the flavors of Thai, I am sure you will enjoy it.


Mix the following in a large Pyrex measuring cup, or your own favorite mixing bowl, and blend thoroughly.


2 Tablespoon sesame oil
1 Tablespoon grated ginger
2 Tablespoon soy sauce
1 Tablespoon sweet soy sauce
1 tablespoon Thai Red Curry Paste
1/4 cup creamy/chunk peanut butter
1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
1/2 teaspoon white/black pepper


I blended the peanut sauce recipe into the following stir-fry and is a great way to use up all those left-over veggies in the fridge.  It makes four to six servings.

Cook your noodles in boiling water according to the directions on the packet and also for the amount of people you want to serve. We have used Fettuccine, Angel Hair Pasta, and Rice Noodles and any other type of favorite Chinese Noodle.  You can also use cooked rice.  Jasmine rice goes well.

Add 1 tablespoon canola oil to a frying pan and saute 2-3 sticks celery which have been sliced on the diagonal.  

After a few minutes add a bag of ready-chopped coleslaw mix. Cook until wilted.  Push to the sides of pan and in center add 3 beaten eggs.  Cook until ribbons form and stir into the cabbage mixture.


I had roasted some boneless chicken thighs in the oven.  Gregg chopped the meat up and added it to our recipe.  I am the peanut sauce maker and he is the stir-fry chef.  You can use shrimp or scallops instead or go vegetarian.  We have added Tofu that has been sliced and cooked in a little oil until crispy, along with beansprouts.

In the last few minutes of cooking we have also added roughly chopped Thai basil leaves, plus a handful of fresh for garnish.  It not only looks really pretty but we love the taste.

Add your cooked Chinese Noodles.

When above is well combined add the Peanut Sauce.


Well, what do you know, we were half way through our meal tonight and I said to Gregg, we forgot the noodles. We didn't miss them.  It was still delicious!  We missed the basil though.  This was a go-to meal this evening and we didn't go to the store for extras, just using what we had available.

23 comments:

Linda said...

Dear Denise,

I am getting hungry looking at your lovely photos and this recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cloudia said...

Thanks, D




ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

Elephant's Child said...

Sate sauce is always a winner. I don't go as far as my partner though who adds it to cheese sandwiches.

diane b said...

I shouldn't read your post before dinner. My mouth is watering. We often have stir fry but haven't made this sauce. Must try it.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Oh no Denise, I haven't been visiting blogs for a couple of weeks and who would believe you've put up a recipe!! and my favourite sauce. I adore sate sauce!

Margaret Adamson said...

I am away at present but have copied this recipient and will try it when I get home.

eileeninmd said...

Denise, the sauce sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing, have a happy Monday!

John's Island said...

Looks delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe. Definitely going to give this one a try.

Sandra said...

looks delish to me and the photos are beautiful to look at to

gigihawaii said...

I love Thai food. However, David does not like peanut butter. I often use Thai curry paste with coconut milk, fish sauce, and sugar -- and he likes that.

ladyfi said...

Mmm - so delicious!

Linda Kay said...

Don't you feel so frugal when you make do? I'm a great user of leftovers.

William Kendall said...

It sounds tasty!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Love the recipe and your term 'go-to meal'... it really helps to have ingredients on hand for quick healthy meals we like and I try to have my cupboard and frig stocked with those.

Karen S. said...

Sounds really yummy!

Ginny said...

Yum! And it would actually be a good diet dish without the noodles!

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

Looks yummy. However, I was looking for the herbed chicken this week.

Gail Dixon said...

YUM! We love Thai food, especially Thai basil. This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing!

Bethany Carson said...

Oooh, this looks so good, Denise! My mother was born in Thailand, and my grandmother is Thai; but I don't eat nearly as much Thai food as I should! Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

Stephanie said...

Look yummy!

Kay said...

Yummmm! I love bean sprouts on everything. Mom is always telling me how nutritious it is.

Jennifer A. Jilks said...

I love peanut butter on anything like this! Yum!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We also really like peanut butter and just recently saw an Asian store while driving around, so this may be a future meal,Denise.