Friday, January 30, 2015

TODAY'S FLOWERS # 334

You can find all kinds of beautiful flowers from around the world if you click here.  Our new link opens on Saturday at 12.00 a.m. (East Coast Standard Time USA) and closes the following Thursday at 11.30 p.m.



At the beginning of September 2014 we took a different walk on Manassas Battlefield.  This was a quieter area and not everyone knows that it is there.  Apart from one or two people we were the only ones in sight for ninety-nine percent of the time, and we were there for almost two hours.



I am not too good at identifying wildflowers.  Maybe one of you lovely people will help me out.


Added note: 1-31-15  I have been trying to identify this wildflower below, and I think I may have found it.  I started scrolling down on this page and when I came to the 11th photo it was almost identifical to my photo.  You can take a look at the page here.  It is a great blog hosted by DenPro called Field Biology in Southeastern Ohio and has some great information on there.   If I have it correct this is a Waterpepper or Pennsylvania Smartweed, Polygonum pensylvanicum.  There are similar ones it might be also.  I would be very interested in any feedback you might have.





Ginny from Let Your Light Shine says this is a Wild Sunflower, thank you Ginny.  I have Ginny's link to her blog below.









These Oak leaves were identified by Dianne over at Schmidleysscribblings.  Her blog is here.  Thanks Dianne!












Thank you Beatrice Euphemie for identifying my purple flower below as Self Heal (Prunella vulgaris - see here to read more).  You can visit Beatrice's blog here.  Thank you Beatrice.




Luiz Santilli Jnr created Today's Flowers and asked me a few years ago to take over his role as host.  I was very happy to do so.  He occasionally pops in to say hello, so "Hello Luiz and thank you!"


Today's Flowers' home page can be found here.






I am linking with Laura's iHeartMacro here.



Thanks to Ginny of Let Your light Shine she identified the wildflower above.  I was surprised to find out that it was the Queen Anne's Lace.  I have never seen it in this stage before.  This is after the blooms have gone and the stems begin to curl into themselves. Ginny also identified my yellow flower fourth from the top, the Wild Sunflower.  Thanks so much Ginny.  You can visit Ginny at her blog here.






I got a little creative thank's to Judith's Mosaic Monday.  
Since I have been participating in this particular meme, I have enjoyed playing more with my Paint Shop Pro program.






Thank you for these lovely memes Ladies



38 comments:

  1. Dear Denise, I am not very good at knowing the names of flowers, but I have a talent, it seems, for finding and appreciating beauty. Your photos are absolutely gorgeous and I love what you did with your Paint Shop program. Creative and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your bee on the yellow flowers is awesome! The one that is opening like a little basket in two of your pictures is a Queen Anne's Lace. They have the most amazing way of opening up. The yellow flowers in picture four are actually wild sunflowers. See the circle of sunflower seeds popping up in the center?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very pretty post with lots of lovely flowers. I think my favorite is the oak leaves with tinges of red. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Denise, these are lovely images...Pretty flowers, butterflies and bees.. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would have no idea how to identify them! Beautiful, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Delightful. Another multi-meme triumph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flower shots. I am looking more forward to spring each day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do love taking photos of wildflowers when we're on trips and then looking them up online. Takes us a long time to identify them though.

    I've seen your flowers before but can't for the life of me remember the names. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely wildflower photos - I see Queen Anne's Lace (1st one), and Self-Heal (purple last one). I think the yellow star-shaped is Arnica - might be wrong. Anyway, gorgeous photos and love the mosaics! xo Karen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fabulous collection of flowers. I have no idea the name of these flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful flowers, butterflies, and bees :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing these colorful blooms in the midst of my snowy evening is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some beautiful wild flowers and your macro shots are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. The solitude of your visit sounds delightful, very intoxicating. You bagged some fine snaps too.

    Thanks for this happy post.

    All the best to you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Bees like flowers.
    Butterflies like flowers.
    We like flowers.
    Everybody likes flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The oak leaves was the only one I knew. I have a book which helps me identify wild flowers - but only in the UK. Loved the mosaics, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous Denise! I like number two best. xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful walk. The wildflowers are all so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Most of the flowers here are new to me, but all of them are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  20. my favorite today is that first pod that i found out at the end is Queen Annes lace. awesome shot of it waiting to open. so many beautiful flowers and plants here today. I really like the pink collage. really pretty

    ReplyDelete
  21. That must have been a wonderful walk! I love your nature images and your beautiful mosaics. :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. yes, love the queen anne's lace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. That Queen Anne's Lace is gorgeous- I didn't recognize it. Lovely shots, today. Have a super weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Magnificent photography and so inviting since Cape Ann MA is cover with SNOW!

    Happy days for you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wish someone would identify the one below the Queen Anne's lace...I have wondered what it is forever! all are wonderful shots.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Pretty photos and that's a great John Muir quote!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Beautiful photos of the wildflowers. I love the oak leaves and the insects. Have a peaceful Sunday, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely collection Denise......and the beautiful ponies!
    Trust the new year is going well!

    Happy Sunday
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  29. Stunning Denise...your second picture is also Queen Anne's Lace.

    ReplyDelete
  30. so much beauty here Denise! Today, snow is blossoming outside, millions and millions of crystal blooms! Thanks for sharing the love up-close with I Heart Macro:-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow, the Paint Shop Pro can produce some incredible mosaics - very elegant!
    QAL is a favourite wildflower of mine, I actually found some pink ones in a field and went back to collect seeds in the fall.
    Thank you for linking to Mosaic Monday Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fantastic photos! Lovely mosaics too.

    ReplyDelete
  33. A wonderful post Denise -- all the better for being late because I see your examples of how helpful blogging friends can be and I love how you went back and thanked them with the links! I wish I had thought to do that when people have helped me (I've emailed thanks, but never thought to change my post). Your flower photos are always beautiful (with or without names) and your mosaics are works of art! Thanks for this and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a beautiful collection of flowers and plants! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the mosaics! The flowers are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful mosaic and a flower collection as always!

    ReplyDelete