Tuesday, January 13, 2015

THERESA'S BEAR HAS A NEW HOME


On Sunday I had a lovely surprise but yes I did know it was coming and I had eagerly been waiting.  We heard a knock on the door and it is a lady I know due to the fact that our mail is sometimes delivered incorrectly to the other's address.  It doesn't happen so much any more but occasionally a package I am expecting might be delivered to her, and vice versa.  My package was delivered and placed on her doorstep on Saturday, but this was the first opportunity that she had had to redeliver it herself.  We have the same house number and the same street name but she lives on the 'drive' and I live on the 'court'.  



To get back to my surprise, it was Theresa's gift that I had won in her giveway.  I have decided to put her sweet bear right next to me where I sit when I am on my computer.  That way I can look over and see those beautiful soulful eyes.  Theresa, I know I have said it before but you are an incredibly kind, generous and exceptionally talented lady.  I now know the joy you bring when you share these wonderful works of art, because my joy will be there every time I look at your bear.  Thank you from the top to the bottom of my heart.

You can read the announcement of my win over at Theresa's blog, Run*A*Round Ranch Report here.  Yes indeed, Bear will be happily hibernating in Virginia.

28 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

my heart is swelling and i am grinning. i love the sweet little sign the bear is holding! so cute! so glad you like the drawing! :) and thanks, again, to the sweet lady who re-delivered it to you!

DeniseinVA said...

I will thank her Theresa, I'm going to ask her over so that she can see your bear. Thank you again my friend :) You have started my year off so beautifully.

Sandra said...

you have the perfect place for it between your two cute bears. love the sign waver... i know the neighbor will love it to

Linda Gross said...

What a. Ice surprise.

Penelope Puddlisms said...

I did not know Theresa was this talented. What a lovely portrait of the bear and how wonderful it found the best place possible to rest and be appreciated.

William Kendall said...

It's such a good spot for the portrait!

Linda Kay said...

Denise, good job of finding the beautiful sketch a place in your home!

Margaret Adamson said...

You have found the perfect place for the bear and you can keep you eye on it.

Ginny said...

This really is an amazing painting and I love where you have put it!! She is so generous.

Mama Zen said...

How beautiful!

Elephant's Child said...

Bear is beyond beautiful.

Susan said...

So well said Denise and it's a perfect spot for such a beautiful work of art :D)

gigihawaii said...

Congratulations, Denise. That is a sweet bear, indeed.

Karen S. said...

Very nice thank you for Theresa too, it looks really nice there, especially the bear and little note! Lucky you.

Michelle said...

It looks great. She is so talented!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

It's a beautiful drawing and you were the perfect person to win it (Karma all around) . And what a fun story about the re-delivery!

Country Gal said...

Congrats . It is lovely ! Glad it went to this lady and no one else by mistake . Thanks for sharing , Have a good day !

diane b said...

The bear looks good in its new home. It must be confusing two addresses so close in name. Enjoy your bear while blogging.

Roy Norris said...

As long as it doesn't start climbing trees outside Denise.{:))

Cloudia said...

How fun to know both of you and see this unfold!



ALOHA from Honolulu
ComfortSpiral
<3

Felicia said...

beautiful bear.

Stephanie said...

It is a beautiful drawing. Love it!

Adam said...

cool bear portrait

Linda said...

This is a fantastic surprise, Denise.

SeagullSuzie said...

That's a beautiful image, capturing the soul of the bear I think.

Debbie said...

oh it's just gorgeous!! and I like that little sign you made for it's companion!!!!

I have the exact same mail problem, but it happens all the time!!!

Rose said...

Congratulations!

Kay said...

There's something about the expression on that bear's face. There's kindness, tenderness and love all mixed in. Theresa has truly captured love.