For SkyWatch Friday and Willy-Nilly Friday Five.
One morning I looked out of the window upstairs and saw a beautiful sunrise.
"If you suddenly and unexpectedly feel joy, don't hesitate. Give in to it."
And now for my Willy-Nilly Friday Five
In order of how they happened.
1) I won a fabulous prize in a giveaway this week. As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I was told that I am the proud recipient of Theresa's portrait of a bear. She does a giveaway every month, incredible and how very generous. Not only is she an exceptionally talented artist her blog is very special too, you should see her photography. A favorite of mine is her Wednesday Whistlers. She made me a big fan of these cute little ducks. But, being a big fan of the Bear and all things Bear, I have been doing the happy dance ever since I found out. You can see the bear with the beautiful eyes here at The Run *A* round Ranch Report.
2) We went to see a movie, "Night of the Museum: Secret of the Tomb". We have not been to a movie in a very long time. We had seen the other two and enjoyed them and we felt like a lighthearted movie. We enjoyed this one also and the whole ensemble is very likable. If I was one to over-analyze I would seek out the flaws, and yes things got a bit silly in parts but I choose to see the overall and say that it was well worth going. Bittersweet to see dear Robin Williams in his Teddy Roosevelt role, one he played exceptionally well. He was such a talented actor and fit into any role. What a sweet man he was, gone far too soon. And of course Mickey Rooney did a cameo and it was his last performance also.
3) We had a lovely chat with my brother-in-law across the pond last night. It had been a while and it was great seeing him. The novelty for chatting on Skype will never wear off for me, it is like he is right there instead of 3,000 miles away. The time difference is always a bit tricky and we have missed each other several times but we made it finally. I remember the first time my sister brought him to our house to meet him. I was 13 years old. He feels more like a brother to me than a brother-in-law.
4) Yesterday it snowed for the first time this winter and we awoke to a dusting, about two or three inches is all. It looks pretty, tricky getting around in but we didn't have much difficulty on our trip to the post office, and I know there are those of you who have to deal with much worse. We got there and back without a problem. It is cold, much colder than when I found myself at the mall last week without a coat and gloves. Schools were not closed yesterday which got people mad, school was closed today which got people mad. The reason for the closing was that many school buses would not start today as the cold got to the engines. I just checked the temperature and it is 13 degrees F. Again, not as bad as some temperatures you have to deal with out there. Here's the extended weather forecast for our area. We're going to be in for a heatwave on January 14th. Woo-hoo!
5) Here is the extended weather forecast for our area.
I want to thank our hosts for these very enjoyable memes. You can see other recipients by clicking on the links below.