Friday, December 26, 2014

The Day After Christmas

We had a super day with our family yesterday. Our son and daughter-in-law came over early in the morning, we had our Christmas meal at noon, opened gifts afterwards, had a great time just chatting, and around 4.30 they left to have another Christmas meal with our daughter-in-law's parents and family to repeat the process.  We always appreciate the fact that they go out of their way to make both parents happy, and for us especially as Brad's Grandfather and his wife Celia are here, and they don't get to see them that often. This in itself made it a very special time. 

I have been enjoying everyone's Christmas Decorations, especially the tree ornaments.  Probably because I have collected them since our son's first Christmas.  I add to my collection every year and also family and friends give them to me as gifts.  I thought I would share the new as well as a few of the old ones too.

A few months ago Celia gave me these British ornaments which she had, unknown to me, bought at Heathrow Airport before we flew home after our trip in Europe.  I love them!



















This one is from my niece in Germany.  She brought us two, one for her and one for me, so that we could think of each other at Christmas she said.   She has always been so very thoughtful that way and I love her for it.


This is from another dear friend who knows how much I love hedgehogs.  It's a nostalgia thing for me as my parents used to feed a family of hedgehogs in the garden for years.


Darling little thing!


And these are the ornaments that Gregg gave me from our trip to Occoquan last week.











I always add a White House Ornament to my collection.  It came in two parts this year.





I have a lot of them that are very special and here are a few oldies.  





This is actually a glass suncatcher I bought from our holiday to Hawaii years ago.  


And here's our Christmas Tree when the gifts are just starting to appear.  I should have taken a later one but I forgot.


And there you go, another Christmas over until next year.

26 comments:

  1. I just love those gorgeous ornaments, Denise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Honey, each photo is better than the last! Thank you for sharing them with us. Have a lovely weekend, and a happy New Year's



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely to hear that another joyous Christmas was shared in your world Denise.
    Your Christmas decs are a wonder! I especially really, really like the British collection and in particular I adore the bagpiper and the scotty dog! - a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These ornaments are awesome and I am getting such a kick out of them! If I had them, I would keep a British themed tree up all year!! LOVE the Queen, the Bobby, the guards, the Scotty, the hedgehog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of the ornaments are very unusual but all are lovely. Glad you had a great Christmas yesterday as we did also.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Having watched The Queen's Christmas Message yesterday I can assure you that the real Queen does not smile!
    Your ornaments are lovely though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, I am so happy that had a wonderful Christmas with your family.. I love all your ornaments, that hedgehog is adorable.. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That one of the Queen is SO funny! I bet she'd like it. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such wonderful ornaments Denise, I am amazed that you could fit them all on such a little tree. I adore the hedgehog, such simplicity and ingenuity in the design, and all those that so clearly define England.
    I too had a wonderful christmas with three of my grandchildren + partners as well as my darling daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love them ALL... can't pick one over the other, i do love that hedge hog.. and what a great idea to use sun catcher... they catch the light beautifully... your tree is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  11. forgot to say so happy you all got together and everyone got to see everyone

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your ornaments....thanks for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  13. very, very cute. i love the birds, of course. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for sharing your ornaments. Heather takes care of our ornaments and there is a story for each one of them.
    Christmas is over and I love the time between Christmas and New Years. All the hectic activity is over and people are just chilled out.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful and very British... a great collection of very especially pretty pieces, my favorite are the birds and the lovely hedge.
    A box of Christmas tree ornaments is areally treasure chest...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad you had such a nice Christmas. The ornaments are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely lovely pieces they are! A sight for much cheer! Enjoy your moments into the new year as well! Happy 2015 soon to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  18. lovely ornaments! I like the hedgehog one :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful ornaments ,oh heck one would think your Brits lol We had a good Christmas as well regardless of still no snow lol Yup all done now all packed up and away for us already , raining instead and temps are 50F WEIRD !! Thanks for sharing . Have a good day and a Happy New Year !

    ReplyDelete
  20. You really do have the most gorgeous, adorable ornaments, Denise. Christine mentioned that thinner tree that Lowes was selling and it sure is tempting. I LOVE that it doesn't take up as much space. It looks so much easier to handle!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Glad you had a lovely Christmas with family members. Your Christmas tree ornaments, old and new are really special. A lovely surprise to receive the new British ones. Love the Scottie dog. The bird with the bobble hat is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the distinctive British ornaments. One of my granddaughters got a hedgehog ornament this year, with which she was delighted, too. Cute goldfinch and flowers. The bird on the camera is a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete