Friday, December 5, 2014

DOGS ON A WALK.........AND A RIDE............

We were out for one of our long walks this past weekend and these are the dogs we came across.  Such cute dogs!






Bright eyes!














"He is my other eyes that can see above the clouds; my other ears that hear above the winds. He is the part of me that can reach out into the sea.  He has told me a thousand times over that I am his reason for being; by the way he rests against my leg; by the way he thumps his tail at my smallest smile; by the way he shows his hurt when I leave without taking him. (I think it makes him sick with worry when he is not along to care for me.) When I am wrong, he is delighted to forgive me.  When I am angry, he clowns to make me smile.  When I am happy, he is joy unbounded.  When I am a fool, he ignores it.  When I succeed, he brags.  Without him, I am only another man.  With him, I am all-powerful.  He is loyalty itself.  He has taught me the meaning of devotion.  With him, I know a secret comfort and a private peace.  He has brought me understanding where before I was ignorant.  His head on my knee can heal my human hurts.  His presence by my side is protection against my fears of dark and unknown things. He has promised to wait for me...whenever...wherever...in case I need him. And I expect I will - as I always have.  He is just my dog."

~Gene Hill~



I am linking with Misty's Camera Critters and Eileen's Saturday's Critters.  You can click on the links below to see other participants.  A big thank you to Misty and Eileen for these wonderful memes.

38 comments:

  1. What a fun poem and those are adorable puppies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are all so pretty, my favorite and one i might steal if i could is the one waiting in the car.. great shots and they make me feel happy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those dogs are so cute. Reminds me of my dog Lani when I lived in New York City.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful quote! All the dogs are very cute! You must walk on a popular dog trail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful portraits, and soulful words. Thank You!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^=

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh they are sweet all of them. I like your
    reading. Very right on about dogs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You found some great pups! A lovely poem tribute too~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Magnificent work with great beauty and great skill.

    Thanks for sharing.

    Warm regards from Gran Canaria - Canary Islands (Spain)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute dogs . My Miggs would love to play with them ! Lovely photos and post . Thanks for sharing , Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  10. ♡Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♡ Beautiful pup photos ♡Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ♡

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great shots - love the look of the Labrador in the car! With a bit of tongue in cheek, I can't help thinking that Gene Hill should have married his dog..?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gene Hill has nailed it with his description of a dog.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous words - to go with the equally gorgeous pooches.

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the dog walking beside those red shoes. But the one in the car don´t look that happy.


    Mine is here :)
    http://nfbild2.blogspot.se/2014/12/the-orange-cat.html

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the words at the end. They are so true. The dogs are all beautiful however the one in the car looks a real character to me. Have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Denise, I love all the cute puppy dogs.. And the poem is wonderful! Thanks for sharing your post with my critter party! Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Best ever, Denise. I so loved this post, the words written by Gene Hill say it all. Oh how I wish I still had my dogs. Thank you so much for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Adorable dogs! We had dogs when I was little.

    ReplyDelete
  19. A very cute collection of dog photos, Denise!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet adorable dogs, and such lovely, truthful words. Thank you so much for this.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I forgot to mention, I feel such wonderful feelings for my beloved dogs too!

    ReplyDelete
  22. So many dogs out and about. Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved seeing the beautiful dogs you pictured here. The poem is so beautiful...and so true.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love looking at dogs when I'm out and about. Some day, we will have a dog of our own. We need a fence put up first. But, for now, we are content with cats.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh so adorable! Great shots! Love the fur persons! xoxoxox

    Happy Weekend,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  26. Such sweet dogs you saw on your walk! And I loved the prose piece! Very profound! I can't seem to link in, or find the others who have linked in to the memes today...I hope it is a linky problem and will soon correct, but so far I haven't seen where anyone else has had an issue.

    ReplyDelete
  27. They are adorable! Fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  28. The dog's eyes on the last photo are quite haunting. I'm wondering what he's/she's thinking. It's almost a Mona Lisa look.

    ReplyDelete