Thursday, November 20, 2014

WILLY-NILLY FRIDAY FIVE

Things are in order that they happened this week.

1)  I sent my first overseas Christmas parcel out and am patting myself on the back for being earlier than the mad rush I am usually in to get down to the post office.  I'd better not go and trip myself up by patting too hard for fear of falling over my feet, because I'm still two or three weeks later than when I intended.  Just saying, it's a start. It is fun to find interesting stamps and bought three sheets, one set of Christmas stamps, one set to do with our farmers markets, and another set, well I can't tell you what the other is because they will be going in someone's Christmas stocking. I think they are really neat and fit in with that's person's interests.  My first 'stocking stuffer' purchase.



2) We had a fun time with Gregg's Dad and Saturday we took him home, stayed the night and drove back the next day.  We love to hear his stories about his youth and life's experiences.  I have said it before, family history can be better than any book or a movie.  We also enjoy learning about people we have never met, both family and friends from back in the past.  Each person has an interesting story.  Gully treated us to a meal at Dockside, which is a neat restaurant on the water.  It was night time so we couldn't see much, but fishing boats tie up at the back and we could just make out a few hard workers tending to equipment.  The light of their lamps cast an ethereal arc around them.  There are also a lot of interesting birds to be seen, from seagulls to Pelicans to a variety of ducks but it was all quiet tonight.  Birds were either tucked in or on their way south. 




3) Gregg is on call for jury duty for the next two weeks.  He has to phone in after six o'clock every night to see if he has been chosen.  If he has he will go down to the court house the following day.  We won't be going anywhere for a while and we are hoping it doesn't interfere with our Thanksgiving plans. Shouldn't, keeping fingers crossed.

4) We went shopping and purchased a few more gifts for Christmas.  It is the first time I have been out for any length of time in this recent cold weather we are experiencing.  The lowest temperature was 19 degrees F and it got up to 35. I was doing pretty good but glad to find a long forgotten pair of thick gloves stuffed in my winter coat pockets. I also need my woolly hat if this keeps up but goodness knows where that is. You can click on this blue link to read an article about the snow people are having to deal with up north, six to seven feet of snow with people in danger of their roofs caving in with the weight of it, and some not being able to get out of their houses.  The goodness of people will come out and I know neighbors will be helping neighbors but I am sorry they are having to deal with that bad weather.




5) Let me introduce you to my inner child, I have always had one.  Still staying in touch with inner child I saw a few things I could have brought home with me, oh yes!   I would put this fellow in our foyer to greet people as they came through the front door. 





I would lay these on each bed for any house guests or for lying around in the family room.  I am assuming they can be used for head or foot rests, or just cuddly huggies.



I would make sure these bears have a warm cozy corner.  They were made in Ohio.


The inner child, maybe not such a child when looking at this, wanted to take a Maserati home but Gregg actually snorted when inner child suggested he could fit it in her Christmas stocking.  Truth be told we are both very happy with any car that gets us from A to B but an inner child can fantasize every once in a while. 



Thank you for this fun meme Tanya.  
You can find other participants here.
willy-nilly friday five