Sunday, November 16, 2014

iHEARTMACRO AND MOSAIC MONDAY

These are for Laura's i heart macro and Judith's Mosaic Monday.  
My thanks to both Laura and Judith for hosting these wonderful memes.  




A few weeks ago we visited the National Gallery of Art in Washington DC.  As you can see, this work of art was on the map and visitors guide.  It is Leonardo da Vinci's "Portrait of Ginevra de' Benci" 1474-1478.


The following mosaic show photos in part of other famous paintings and I will be sharing them in their entirety in a future post.  



I am very grateful to the gallery that we are allowed to take photos of all these fabulous paintings.  Flash would not be good and I know they would object to that, so I am glad our cameras have improved enough that we can take photos without the use of flash, and therefore the rules have relaxed a little.  Not all places are as flexible though, I realize that also.