Friday, November 21, 2014

CAMERA CRITTERS, SATURDAY'S CRITTERS, BIRD D'POT, NATURE NOTES AND WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

These photos are from our trip to Europe in June.  We went to a botanical garden in Oslo and I was able to take a few photos of the birds.  I recognize the Common Wood Pigeon and the European Magpie but I am not sure of the others in the first two photos.



Theresa at The Run*A*Round Ranch Report asked whether the bird in my next photo could be a "Fieldfare".  On doing a Google image search it looks just like it.  Thank you Theresa!  Exciting for me never having seen one before.  I learned that it is one of the larger thrushes . It breeds in central and northern Europe and into Siberia.  It is migratory and winters mainly in western, southern and central Europe.  It moves south in October and November, and tends to return to Scandinavia around April.












I am linking to the following memes as they become available.  You can click on the links below to see other participants.  A big thank you to our hosts for these wonderful memes.

32 comments:

  1. could the second one be a fieldfare? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Magpie in flight is so beautiful, that is my favorite! And I bet it was so hard to snap. And you also brought out all the pigeon's best features.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That second bird is so interesting looking. Love that first shot...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow awesome shots! I can never have the patience myself, birds seem to move fast...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have touched on all the memes with this post! Lovely birds.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty birdies ! Nice photos ! Thanks for sharing . Have a good weekend !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely critters.
    I am glad you are getting your Christmas shopping done so early, especially if you want to mail them abroad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos!




    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous birds. Thank you. I am always amazed at how different our magpies are to your magpies to the European ones though. A sad lack of imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty bird images, I have a lot of my Christmas gifts made!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Denise, these are absolutely precious!!! Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. they are all wonderful and we learn so much from each other.. love the wings in flight shot and even though pigeons are messing i love them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful bird shots, especially the spread wings.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful shots! Loved seeing so many of the magpie. How neat you discovered a new bird!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful!
    Have a great week-end!
    Lea

    ReplyDelete
  16. The Fieldfare has pretty feathers. The Magpie is wonderful, they are one of the birds I sadly don't get to see anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful photos! The first looks like a hooded crow and the second is a fieldfare. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow....all are stunning. But the one that steals the show for me today is the magpie in flight its wings in all their glory!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The Magpie is such a neat bird. Thanks for sharing this beautiful array of photos.

    ReplyDelete
  20. lol, the magpie looks a little bit worn out :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love seeing birds from other places! So different most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have yet to see a magpie in person! Yep, I'm a tad jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely birds and photos, Denise.. Great sightings.. Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the variety of bird shots. We have native wood pigeons, thrushes and magpies that look quite similar but a half a world away!

    ReplyDelete
  25. I like to look at birds in other countries..similar to our own in some cases... Happy Thanksgiving Denise!!...Michelle

    ReplyDelete