Friday, August 1, 2014

CAMERA CRITTERS, SATURDAY'S CRITTERS and BIRD D'POT

Yesterday I just happened to look outside and see this sweet baby American Robin on the deck rail.  He was waiting for his mama to come back and feed him.  As with all the other baby birds I have observed over the years, sometimes they can be waiting for a very long time, but just like all those other times, eventually a parent has returned.  Mama was a busy bird as I saw her hop to various branches in the trees to feed other babies.  The frantic rustling of the leaves showed where they were.

























I also realized I hadn't shared these photos from our last trip to Meadowlark Gardens.


The Swallows were building their nests.  There is something of the prehistoric in that sweet little face.


Not too long afterwards we were walking around Huntley Meadows where I took a photo of a female Red-winged Blackbird.


I am happy to be sharing some birds today.

~~~~~~~

I am joining Misty's Camera Critters,  Eileen's Saturday's Critters.  and Anni's Bird D'PotThank you for hosting ladies, I am always happy to join in these great meme's.