Friday, August 15, 2014

CAMERA CRITTERS AND SATURDAY'S CRITTERS

A continuation of our trip to Cox Farms last Sunday.   Their website is at this link.  It is a 20 minutes drive away from home.  I have shared before when we have visited their Fall Festival.


We went to look at their fresh produce and I picked up pole beans, tomatoes and peaches.  Not only is it all very fresh and tasty, but it is also a third of what we pay at the supermarket.  One of the many good reasons to go to a farmer's market and buy from local farmers.  We also purchased a couple of Lantana plants which I posted last Sunday here.  It is where I get my honey when we run out, because it is harvested by a  local apiarist and in my humble opinion, is the best honey I have ever tasted.  (At Wikipedia you can read all about the history of bee-keeping at this link.)  


But I'm getting off topic again.   Before we bought our produce and flowers, we saw that there were several animals to visit with.  We decided to say hello to the alpacas first.  I am not sure if this beauty is Equinox or Quincy.


His pal was a little shy and wouldn't come out from under the shelter.  He looked like he was getting ready for a snooze.


The chickens were noisy and ran over expecting us to feed them.


This one gave me 'the look' when none was forthcoming.


This is the one and only cat we saw at the farm.  Allowed to roam freely I interrupted her snooze on the pink picnic table.  


This is a female human.  We call her a "Denise".   Her temperament is generally quite mild and she rarely bites unless provoked or prodded, and is feeling a tad grumpy.  She has been under the weather and getting over a nasty bout of bronchitis.  As she was feeling slightly house-bound after being stuck at home for the most part of a month and is still not feeling like doing cartwheels, her mate took her to see some animals (always a winner) and then onto another shelter on the way home called Johnny Rockets, for a medicinal coffee milk shake which they shared.  Clever human, he knows this tactic will work.  Also the waitress put that delicious coffee milkshake into two tall glasses when she knew they were going to share.  The young lady was ever so nice to split them without even being asked.  And of course it felt lovely on the "Denise's" throat.  He also likes to soothe her by putting nickels into the miniature jukebox on the table and playing oldies but goodies, and play a game called "Do you remember this one?"   Her mate is safe and she will not bite him today or chase him across the field snapping at his heels, even when he keeps asking the "Denise" to smile because he wants to take a photo of the grumpy one now not so grumpy, because oh boy, those animals were so darned cute and did that coffee milkshake taste great, and she is smiling because her mate knows her so well and she realizes how blessed she is.



~~~~~~~

I am joining Misty's Camera Crittersand  Eileen's Saturday's Critters. You will find their buttons on my side bar.

Thank you for hosting ladies, I am always happy to join in these great meme's.  

34 comments:

  1. It's hard to ever be grumpy around such adorable animals! Great captures, up close and personal! Very nice day for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fabulous place with some very cute animals! I used to keep 2 hives in my back yard - best honey, ever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely that the Gregg animal knew exactly what would make the Denise animal feel a bit better. And special.
    I hope you continue to recover - and love all of the critters you showed us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your wonderful smile portrait with us. Even sweeter than the soulful animals, which you always show so beautifully.

    Do take care & time before doing cartwheels, please, D!

    feel better -
    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= . <3 . >< } } (°>

    ReplyDelete
  5. too cute. the ferocious denise calmed for now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Alpacas ... gorgeous! I love that look from the rooster! He´s the boss :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely place with some cute animals ! Great photos !
    Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at the grumpy now smiling human! Sounds like your hubby knows you well...those animals are enough to make anyone smile. I wouldn't even need the milkshake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't help but laugh at "this is a female human." What a description!

    The cat has the full run of the place, but must occasionally muse on getting claws into a chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look lovely and I enjoyed the sweet animals photos too. What a fun place! Enjoy the weekend. Mildred

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great place with nice shots of the critters.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Alpacas always crack me up! They make some of the funniest faces!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Denise, I love your farm pics. Lamas are so darn cute, even if they spit now and then.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great pics - the alpacas have such lovely faces but then so does the Denise! Hope you are feeling much better now. A x

    ReplyDelete
  15. That picture of the rooster looking askance at you is hilarious!!! Alpacas are so much more friendly and polite than llamas, which are very rude indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  16. nice llama...I mean alpacas

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like the chickens specially that almost golden one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've never seen alpacas or llamas for that matter - these are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those alpacas have such cute noses. LOVE seeing the photo of you too, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Denise, the alpacas are so darn cute. And I love the chickens and the kitty.. I am glad you are feeling better, the milkshake sounds yummy.. Thank you for sharing your post with Saturday's Critters..Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. there's no doubt that alpacas are very photogenic; lovely your photos Denise

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sweet portrait of you, Denise.
    Cute face of Alpaca!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Alpaca's are such cute animals - I've only seen them at shows but I fell in love with them immediately.

    Chooks are always good value to photograph too~!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm glad you're not feeling so grumpy now, Denise! I have trouble telling the difference between alpacas and llamas. I'm so sorry the alpacas are sensitive about that. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  25. The alpacas are beautiful animals! I'm happy you're not feeling grumpy anymore. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. you have the perfect MATE... and the perfect shake for a sore throat.. I am so glad you posted your photo. i do like to know who I am talking to in emails and blogs...those alpaca would cure me of just about anything. so sweet and cute.. and wow on the Birds Eye View of the rooster...

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the look from the rooster! Your "mate" sounds like a keeper, Denise --

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cute animals, a coffee milkshake and a thoughtful husband can make the grumpiest person happy again.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm glad the Denise got treated to a milkshake so she didn't have to give hubby The Eye like the rooster. Glad you felt like getting out and the good feeling multiplied. I think alpacas have cute faces.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Alpacas are so cute. I also like the smiling female human! She looks very content.

    ReplyDelete