Monday, July 28, 2014

The house we rented when on vacation in Normandy.

Today I thought I would show you a few photos around the outside of our rental house in Gouville-sur-Mer, and of some 'local residents'.
 

 This is the front of the property looking from left to right. Isn't that stonework gorgeous?   I fell in love with this house as soon as I saw it and have to thank Gregg for finding it in the first place.  He googled it!  There were ten of us who slept here and the bedrooms were very comfortable. 


The front door.

 
 A lovely line of old green bottles were in the front.....


You know me and rusty old things, I adored them.


These were at the front also but on the side wall.
 

 This was in the back garden.  Looking over the hedge you could see the next door neighbors' house.


 I had not one peeve about this place.  Well, maybe one, we we had to leave eventually!  Next time I will have some inside pictures.


And now we come to the 'local residents'.  We used to pass them on our walks and weren't too far down the road.  They weren't too chatty, more curious than anything else.





 

 

 Gouville-sur-Mer is marked in red.  You can see how near we are to England - to Plymouth - which wasn't too far from where I used to live.  As the crow flies I think it is about 60 to 70 miles from Normandy to Plymouth.