Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Last of the photos from Paris

These are the last of the photos of Paris, several of Notre Dame, a few near the Louvre and elsewhere.









 
















































Do you notice the hanging copper pots left of center above the shop? 


Here they are!

  









Yes, I was aware of these magnificent surroundings, but for a second or two I was focused entirely on the dog.  He was strides ahead of his human companion and at first I thought he was lost.  There was no leash involved.  Eventually he turned around to look and it wasn't long before they caught up with each other.  The Arc de Triomphe  is in the background.  I didn't get any closer photos of it because we were spinning around its surrounding roundabout trying to get our bearings.  Also it had scaffolding at the bottom and also canvas coverings which would have spoiled the look BUT there's always next time.  You can read about it here.



 And you can read about the Louvre here.  My son and daughter-in-law spent several hours, in fact all day, at the Louvre.  We had no opportunity this time BUT there's always next time.  I think I am beginning to recognize my very own banner cry.
 

 There were actually standing blocks for standing on, placed strategically in the area for such a shot. You can read about that glass pyramid here.


Next, onto Normandy.

28 comments:

  1. What a beautiful place to visit. Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing amazing and amazing.. love all the architecture and that last photo made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such beautiful selections of your points of view for these photos. Thanks for dropping by my blog while I was away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing Notre Dame, and I saw something I hadn't ever seen before (because I've never been there). The statues outside of the rose window (the big round one) were completely amazing. I also love the gargoyles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous photos...i had to lol at the last one and what a well behaved dog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is the purpose of the glass pyramid? Very impressive. I love the big round windows, and the beautiful ceiling. But your header still stuns me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So absolutely beautiful Denise. Thanks for sharing these wonderful images.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your last imagine really rocks! I just adore your photos and especially Paris! Super wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I stayed in a small hotel near the Arc de Triomphe on one of my trips.

    Love the shot of Gregg. I hope you read the book and saw the film, The Davinci Code. Just wonderful.

    Love the Cathedral. Did you read the inscription to the British war dead from WWI? I bet Gregg noticed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Incredible...how could one ever see it all! I could look and look at your photos alone. I love the copper pots!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you set up that last shot. What a beautiful set of photos and a dream trip to this iconic city. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fantastic trip. Funny one of Greg with the pyramid.
    I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your blog post, Denise, and have SO enjoyed your travels. Paris looks tremendous... Love the photos. Makes me want to go there...

    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Everything is so beautiful--the architecture grand. Love that last shot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Denise, your photos have me wanting to visit Paris.. They are all beautiful. And I love the last shot of your hubby! Thanks for sharing, have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous tour of Paris you've given me - I love the gargoyles! And - I always linger over that Header!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Splendid shots, especially all that beautiful architecture and ornate details to the buildings. That pyramid is pretty cool!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, marvelous Paris! Thanks for the memories you have sparked from the one trip my husband and I took there in the summer of 2001! You are rambling a long way from home. I shall enjoy your photos. Love the last one here especially - LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  19. What fabulous shots - I love Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooooh I'm bragging now 'cause my Joe bought one of those candles when he was in France. We still have it. Another thing I want to say about those wonderful buildings is 'they don't build 'em like that anymore'. Thank you so much for sharing these pictures with us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are all terrific Denise, but my favorites are those inside of the church.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Few words are needed, Denise, with photos as you have posted here and how lucky that the weather cooperated as well.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Some of my hula classmates and teacher spent the past two weeks in Paris, where they participated in a hula festival there. Lovely photos, Denise, and I also liked the photos of the man feeding the birds in your previous post.

    ReplyDelete
  24. beautiful photos!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. you can win a cute Dahlia trench in my little giveaway! click here.

    ReplyDelete