Friday, June 27, 2014

CAMERA CRITTERS, SATURDAYS CRITTERS AND BIRD D'POT

Out for a drive in the countryside we came across several geese and ducks.  Firstly, the ever present Canada Goose.


 The next were a pair of Muscovy Ducks.  I took several photos because I can't remember the last time I saw any.  One was sitting on a fence at a farm.....





 and its mate was swimming in a nearby stream.








 It eventually got tired of me.  Even though I wasn't that close and behind a fence, it flew away to join its mate.


 In the distance there was also a White Goose and another duck I couldn't see very clearly.  I had to crop the photo to get a better luck.




I am joining Misty's Camera Critters,  Eileen's Saturday's Critters.  and Anni's Bird D'PotThank you for hosting ladies, I am always happy to join in these great meme's.

22 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

i like muscovies. used to have a small flock here.

Ginny said...

I love the picture of the Muscovy on the fence! First time I have ever seen one off the ground!

Tanya Breese said...

i like the picture of him toolin around in the tall grass!

Elephant's Child said...

Wow. Again. Not birds we see this way, and I am grateful for the opportunity.

Lyn said...

Duck world!
some great shots here. xxx

William Kendall said...

I've never heard of a muscovy duck.

Brian King said...

Love the geese and those flowers!

Adam said...

I don't think I've seen a Muscovy duck in person

Margaret Adamson said...

Hi Great shots in this post and I was thinking that the Muscovy duck on the fence would have been good for Tex's meme and then you had a lovely reflection that would have fitted well into James' Weekend reflections. Have a wonderful weekend.

orvokki said...

Muscovy Ducks looks so nice and funny, I've never seen.

Karen S. said...

Just wonderful photos, and sitting on the fence, priceless catch!

sandyland said...

quite a group are those wild buttercups in first shot

Anni said...

Wonderful images!!
Don't forget to come over and add your link Denise! I've missed you and your birding shares.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Great shots of the fence sitter!

Gary Phillips said...

Love the Geese!! Boom, Bobbi and Gary.

eileeninmd said...

Hi Denise, love the shots of the geese and the cool looking Muscovy. Thanks for linking up and sharing your post this week, have a happy weekend!

Karen said...

The duck is neat.
Karen & Beep

Frank said...

Lovely images Denise.

Gunilla Bäck said...

I love the first shot. We don't have that many Canada geese here, but we have big flocks of barnacle geese in many parks in the cities.

Carole M. said...

a great photo opportunity

Marie said...

Really great duck and goose photos, Denise. A wonderful find!

Anni said...

Thanks for linking up this weekend. It's always appreciated. I'm sure glad to see you stop by!!!