Friday, June 13, 2014

CAMERA CRITTERS, SATURDAY'S CRITTERS AND BIRD D'POT

These photos were taken last January on a very gray day in Virginia Beach.   We were visiting Gregg's family and on one of our luncheon outings we came across a variety of ducks swimming on an inlet right next to the restaurant.  


The pictures are a bit grainy as it was very overcast and they were far away necessitating in cropping.  I recognized the Hooded Mergansers.  I don't get to see these birds but rarely so this was an exciting day when I saw what they were.  You can go to this link to learn more.








This was the only picture I took and haven't a clue what he is, even though I did a lot of looking around on line, identifying many other birds in the process so it wasn't a wasted exercise.  


Surf Scoters and I wish I could have gotten better photos but they didn't hang around for long and never got very close.  More info can be found here.





This one is a Bufflehead.  Link here.  I have never seen these before or the ones above, so another exciting first look.






~~~~~~~


I am joining Misty's Camera Critters 








  Thank you for hosting these great memes ladies.

20 comments:

  1. great sightings. :) love the hoodeds.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are awesome!! I have never seen any real ones, and would be so excited if I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use Google a lot too! It may have been a grey day, but you caught some fun shots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Harlequin circus of water birds!



    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    =^..^= <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful birds - it would have made my day to see them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice! Hooded Mergansers are one of my favorite ducks! They're not easy to photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great shots. I especially love that you caught them in flight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i have never seen any of these, except in photos on blogs..i like the last ones in black and white. my favorite color scheme.

    ReplyDelete
  9. that is quite the variety of ducks

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super catches- especially the hoodeds- I never get to see these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. A beautiful selection of winter Ducks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Denise, lovely series of ducks.. I love the hoodies too. And the Scoters are neat ducks.. Great sightings.. Thank you for linking up with my critter party. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice shots! Glad you were not deterred by the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great photos! You have very interesting ducks!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful birds on the water !
    Wonderful photos !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Never saw such birds..loved the hooded ones..you had a great capture..

    ReplyDelete