Tuesday, May 27, 2014

NATURE NOTES AND I HEART MACRO



I was chasing dragonflies the other day, all over the lily pads at the last park we went to.  None of the ones I saw would stay still, not even for a second, and I didn't get my photograph.  Well, I went out of the house a few mornings ago to fill up the bird feeders, and there he was. 



I didn't think I would have any hope of getting a shot but as I watched he certainly wasn't going anywhere.  I went in to get my camera with the zoom and took a few hurried photos.  I went closer and he still stayed where he was.  A little closer still, he wasn't going anywhere.    


In the end I went back into the house and got my camera with the macro lens, went right up to him and took a couple of more photos.  He was a very co-operative dragonfly and I got a little more practice with my macro lens.





I am linking with Michelle's Nature Notes Thanks for hosting such a fun meme Michelle, one I love to join in when I have something to share.



As I have this last shot I thought I would link with Laura's I Heart Macro here

Shine the Divine


Thank you for hosting two wonderful memes ladies.

29 comments:

  1. UNBELIEVABLE! And he looks like a baby one, too. I have never gotten a good dragonfly shot, bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you sure did get your shot! it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. What a well-behaved dragonfly. They often make greased lightening look slow - and predictable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Denise He certainly did cooperative with you and you got fantastic shots of him

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing. How lucky is that? If the dragonfly had been in my garden instant flying practice would have been taken up. By him, not me... grins.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Denise, the dragonflies are pretty. Great macro shots. Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A handsome and well mannered dragonfly I must say..beautifully photographed..

    ReplyDelete
  8. So charming and truly beautiful photography.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice that you found a dragonfly photo subject tight on your own backyard, Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are awesome and very unusual for him to sit there like that... they are really quick and hard to capture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's really neat Denise. Great captures.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful captures! It is a remarkable insect to watch while they fly about.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your patience paid off! Great details. I've noticed while observing dragonflies that they tend to return to a favorite stalk, weed or whatever. Patience is key.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful shots of the dragonfly! They are interesting critters.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Congratulations! I haven't seen any dragonflies yet this year.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous close up ... love that he's on the bird feeder!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good gosh, Denise! Your macros are so incredible. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh great catch Denise..Great macros.. I can't wait to see some here...Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, love, love, love those dragonfly pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Amazing!!! Thanks as always for sharing the love up-close Denise:-)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh Denise these are great...I have yet to get out to the pond to see who may be out there but I hope to see some...I love the macro.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What gorgeous photos! Sometimes the dragonflies will cooperate but most of the time, they don't! I got one good dragonfly photo a couple of weeks ago when we were at the botanical gardens.

    ReplyDelete