Monday, May 26, 2014

CAMERA CRITTERS, SATURDAYS CRITTERS, BIRD D'POT AND WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

 Not the closest or the sharpest of this beautiful bird.  I have shared a lot from our road trip to Florida last January, and one other from Corkscrew Swamp.  These were taken at Corkscrew on a very dark, dreary day and therefore my photos aren't the clearest, or even the sharpest, because I was so far away.  Still, with all that being said, I was overjoyed to see a bird I had never set eyes on before and these photos bring back that lovely memory for me.



The Little Blue Heron.


 I found a wonderful blog here and if you scroll down you will find more information.  There are also amazing photographs on a variety of herons.






I am linking with Camera Critters, Saturday's Critters, Bird D'Pot and Wild Bird WednesdayThank you to everyone who hosts these wonderful memes.

16 comments:

  1. This is wonderful! He is so intense blue. I have never seen a little one. I have seen the great blue many times, but he is barely blue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a glorious bird - and what a privilege to see it. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. he is beautiful, i have not seen one that color here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so gorgeous!! They are difficult to photograph and get true colors. Extraordinary images Denise.

    Thanks for linking up at the Bird D'Pot this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful bird..I loved the third and the fourth picture while the bird is in motion..lovely colour of the bird too..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous blue - and those graceful wings.
    I do like your photos :D)

    ReplyDelete
  7. i have never seen one of these in person and would LOVE to! lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a gorgeous bird ! Great photos ! Greetings :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love little blues! We first saw them in Louisiana -- in a tree, it was nesting season. They looked like flowers blooming. Now I do see them in Florida too. But not here on the West Coast.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I've never seen a blue heron before. What a beautiful bird!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I've never seen a blue heron before!!! Sweet shots!!!

    ReplyDelete