Tuesday, April 15, 2014

NATURE NOTES



"Who wants my jellyfish?
I'm not sellyfish!"

~Ogden Nash~



I saw it floating in low tide at one of the many beaches we visited while in Florida last January.  We were making our way from Destin to Perry that day.  Gregg spotted it.  He is very good at finding things for me to photograph.  His eyes are much better than mine.  I was more focused on the sandpiper fishing nearby and I'm glad I was able to take a couple of photos of this interesting creature.  

I found some fascinating facts about jellyfish here, such as:

Did you know....

....some jellyfish are bigger than a human and others are as small as a pinhead?

....people in some countries eat jellyfish?

....that jellyfish have been on Earth for millions of years, even before dinosaurs?

....jellyfish have no brains but some kinds have eyes?

....jellyfish are mainly made up of water and protein?

....a group of jellyfish is called a smack? 

Well, now you know!

~~~~~~

Thank you for hosting Michelle, always a pleasure when I find something to join in with this lovely meme.

Please visit other Nature Notes lovers here.