Wednesday, April 30, 2014

NATURE NOTES AND WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY


When we were driving down the gulf coast of Florida, I saw a flash of two birds scratching in the dirt, in the long grass at the side of the road.  I had never set eyes on them before.  I found this extraordinary looking bird again at the Ellie Schiller Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park.  As I mentioned in a previous post, the park is also a rehabilitation center for injured birds.  It is called a Crested Caracaras and a member of the Falcon family.  They build large nests in trees or on the ground, and live 9 to 15 years.


 You can click on this link to learn more.




Today I am linking with Michelle's Nature Notes and Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday.  Thanks for hosting these wonderful memes Michelle and Stewart. I enjoy joining in when I have something to share.