Tuesday, March 18, 2014

NATURE NOTES AND WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY

Today it's husband Gregg's birthday, a day for family celebration, so Happy Birthday to my special guy who to me is one in a billion.

Today I am linking with Michelle's Nature Notes and Stewart's Wild Bird Wednesday.  Thanks for hosting Michelle and Stewart. 



My Photos of these American White Pelicans were taken at the Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park, link here.


A lot of the birds are wild and tend to fly into the park in droves when it is feeding time for the resident birds.





Added note: Gail of Louisianna Belle had noticed the bump on the pelicans' beaks, and asked about them in her comments.  I had wondered about it myself and meant to look it up but had forgotten, so thanks Gail for the nudge.  I read that the bump appears on both male and female pelicans during breeding season, but once breeding season is over it disappears.