Friday, March 21, 2014

CAMERA CRITTERS, SATURDAY'S CRITTERS AND BIRD D'POT

Whenever I get the opportunity to look at birds on a beach I get very happy.  Seagulls are one of my favorites and when we were heading north towards home but still in Florida, we stopped at a beach full of them.  There were also pelicans but I'll share more of those later.


I thought I was going to see the regular kind, but there were a few that quickly stood out for me as I had never seen them before. 


 The lighter colored seagulls with the outstanding hair-do are Royal Terns (Sterna maxima).   If you click on this link it will give you more information.


I learned something else thanks to a kindly blogger.  Susan of This N That told me that the 'hair-do' is also only there for the breeding season.  And now I know, thanks Susan!



One good 'tern' deserves another.  Sorry, I couldn't help using a little turn of phrase.



A short video on Flagler Beach.  If you aren't able to view it then you can go here.


I am joining Misty's Camera Critters,  Eileen's Saturday's Critters.  and Anni's Bird D'PotThank you for hosting ladies, I am always happy to join in these great meme's.