Friday, February 21, 2014

TODAY'S FLOWERS #285 - February 22nd, 2014

The link to Today's Flowers on the home page opens at 12.15 a.m. every Saturday, Eastern Time (US).  The old link will close the previous Thursday at 11.30 P.M.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.


This pretty wildflower is called the Swamp Lily (Crinum americanum) and was found on a walk in the Everglades National Park.



I read somewhere that there are 15 native species of Morning Glory in Florida.  Mine was found not too far from the Spider Lily.  

~~~~~~~~

I would like to thank last week's participants by sharing their links here.  Your names appear as they do on the Today's Flowers home page and are not in alphabetical order.  If you share more than one photo I will repeat your blog address and name if provided.

THIS WEEK'S PARTICIPANTS

Sweden

Gurgaon Gardener
Gurgaon, Haryana, India

A Student Gardener
Derek at Winnipeg, MB, Canada

My World through My Lens
Laura, Canada

Terragam


Mammoth Lakes Daily Photo
The Chieftess, Mammoth Lakes, California, USA

Home Garden Diggers
Yael, Pacific Northwest, USA

Love That Image
Sara, Seattle, USA

Terragam


Deep Canyon
Cheryl Ann, Southern California, USA

Deserts and Beyond
Cheryl Ann, Southern California, USA

Garden Delights,
Arija, South Australia

The View from Squirrel Ridge
Linda, Strasburg, Virginia, USA

Hood Photography
Mount Hood, Oregon, USA

Sweet Memories
Jama, Singapore

Island Rambles
Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Orchid's Daily Voice
Japan

Chris-June's Kreativewerkstatt
Germany

Writing in Faith
Sandy, USA

Love That Image
Sara, Seattle, USA

Love That Image
Sara, Seattle, USA

My World through My Lens
Laura, Canada

Karin's Fototraum
Sachsen-Anhalt, Germany

Photography by Birgitta B
Norrbotten, Sweden

A Full-time Life
Sallie, USA

Mystic Dreamer
San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago

Kissed by an Angel

Mona's Picturesque
Helsinki, Finland

Seraphina's Imagination
Leipzig, Saxony, Germany

Foto-Blog

My India Travel
Rajesh

Blommor och sant i foto
Meta, Sweden

Minoru's Photo Diary
Japan

From My Horizon


At Lake Vattern
Sweden

gbkoru
Gunilla from Finland

Wilkommen bei Zauberpalm


Maschas Buch


Xavi at Jardins-Parcs-Paisatges-Muntanyes-Ciutats


Poloroid Musings
New Zealand

~~~~~~~~

If I have missed out anyone's name please let me know, or if you have any suggestions to improve the blog, they would be very welcome.

Thank you my friends and have a great week ahead.

~~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise

If anyone would like to be a guest friend and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.
   

24 comments:

  1. the swamp lily is very pretty. i like morning glories, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love them - the crinium in particular. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These flowers are pretty. White ones are my fav. Both photographs make me feel like I could reach into the monitor and touch them.

    I did read your previous blog and enjoyed it very much! I just didn't get a chance to view it until a few minutes ago after you had posted this one. The pictures of the birds were great, especially the one swimming. The alligators and turtles - well - I'm afraid we have personality conflicts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 15 varieties! I have two of them in my balcony.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the native flowers are very unique and picturesque.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful set of Photos from you my friend. Many thanks for your visit and kind comments.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Denise, lovely flowers and images. The Swamp lily is my favorite. Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The swamp lily is an interesting flower, Denise.

    I also caught up with your previous post and yes I did manage to find the alligator. Those turtles are something else, would love to see them in real life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The flowers are lovely. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Vad häftig den vita liljan var Jag bara älskar liljor.En undran våra bilder syns inte, vet du varför???
    Ha en fin söndag
    kram Meta

    ReplyDelete
  11. That swamp lily is very pretty and delicate looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photo of the Swamp Lily is wonderful, Denise!!! I never have seen it before.
    How lovely and delicate these blossoms are!!!
    I love wildflowers so much!

    Thank you for hosting this beautiful meme & Enjoy a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hated morning glory when we gardened in Oregon because it wanted to choke everything else to death. But I love the wild ones here.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful flowers. Wonderfully captured :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm nutty about morning glories...Nothin could be finer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Very pretty flowers - the purple one has a tropical look to it.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice to see flowers in this cold cold winter! A touch of color is so welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  18. The little Swamp Lily is just beautiful with it's delicate petals.
    Hope you are having a great weekend (other than the linky problem) Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  19. die Blüten in weiß wunderschön.

    Winden da gibt es viele Sorten,aber mit ca 15 habe ich nicht gerechnet
    LG vom katerchen

    ReplyDelete
  20. The spider lily is well named - delicate and beautiful.
    Love the colour of the morning glory!

    Have a lovely week,
    Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  21. such beautiful photos of the lilies!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are two gorgeous flowers. I've always loved the morning glory. Your flower photos are always exquisite, Denise.

    ReplyDelete