Sunday, February 2, 2014

NATURE NOTES


I will be linking with Michelle's Nature Notes and sharing photos of an Anhinga fishing.  

I found this lovely bird at the Everglades National Park where we saw a phenomenal amount of wildlife.  I overheard one of the Rangers tell visitors that from January to March was the best time to visit, and I can well believe it.  We were not disappointed and took a whole lot of photos which I will be sharing in future posts.  


It seemed that all the birds we saw were fishing.









You can find out more information about the Anhinga at the The Cornell's Lab of Ornithology's All About Birds, which you can find at this link.


After a busy time swimming and fishing, the Anhingas dry off their wings in the sun.  The day we visited the park was very hot and humid.  


Thank you  for hosting this lovely meme Michelle.
You can see other Nature Notes lovers here.