Friday, February 7, 2014

Back from Florida

This is our first day home and I am feeling decidedly lazy!  We walked through the door around one in the afternoon yesterday, and we had a lovely welcome home as our son was waiting for us.  We sent him texts and photos frequently and earlier I had sent him a text to say we were on our way and hoping to get back around that time, and he decided to come over and surprise us.  He stayed for a few hours and we caught up with what we each had been doing over the last couple of weeks.  It couldn't have been a more perfect ending to our holiday.


We also spent a very nice few days with my in-laws on our way back up here, and besides going to their favorite restaurant one day, we also went out with my brother-and-sister-in-law.  Everyone is doing great.

It's a bit of a shock to come back into the colder weather.  I started off in short sleeves, and by the end of the day as we drove further north, I was reaching for a thick woolly sweater.  It was real nice getting into a warmer climate for a while, and we met several snowbirds down there for the winter who lived much further north than we do.

The picture above was taken by Gregg at one of the many gardens we visited. This one had a wonderful exhibit of statues.  I was taken with the painter.  Gregg's caption for this one reads, "I think you need a little more blue."

There will be a lot of photos to share from our trip, including the other statues from this garden.  Florida is a beautiful state with gorgeous scenery and an amazing amount of wildlife.  Gregg and I had a blast enjoying all the sights and sounds, and we most definitely look forward to going back one day.