Saturday, January 25, 2014

TODAY'S FLOWERS #281 - January 25th, 2013

The link to Today's Flowers on the home page opens at 12.15 a.m. every Saturday, Eastern Time (US).  The old link will close the previous Thursday at 11.30 P.M.

To see beautiful blooms from around the world you can click here.

~~~~~~~


Not having the chance to see a banana plant too often, I was fascinated by the flower growing down from this one at the US Botanic Garden in Washington DC.









I found the following illustration on line, and if you would like to learn more on banana plants, you can click here.






~~~~~~~~

I would like to thank last week's participants by sharing their links here.  Your names appear as they do on the Today's Flowers home page and are not in alphabetical order.  If you share more than one photo I will repeat your blog address and name if provided.

My World Through My Eyes
Laura, Canada

Trini Garden

Mystic Dreamer, San Fernando, Trinidad and Tobago


NRW, Germany

Mystic Dreamer, Trinidad and Tobago

Daniela, Ohio, USA

Kezzela2
Sandy, Florida, USA

Love That Image

Sara, Seattle, USA

Kissed by an Angel


Steve Borichevsky's Shooting My Universe

Massachusetts, USA

Love That Image

Sara, Seattle, USA

IShare

Indrani, India

Mary in Austria



Chris-June's Kreativewerkstatt
Germany

My World Through My Lens
Laura, Canada

Blommor och sant i foto
Meta, Sweden

Seraphina's Imagination
Leipzig, Saxony, Germany

Descopera Targovistea cu mine
Ileana from Romania

Norrbotten, Sweden

Starry Universe
Ruby (Forest Dream Weaver), Scotland

Jardins-Parcs-Paisatges-Muntanyes-Ciutats
Xavi, Barcelona, Catalunya

Enerhagen
Jannibele, Oslo, Norway

Garden Delights
Arija, Australia

Women's Perspective
Lina, Bogor, Indonesia

From My Horizon
Christina, Sweden


gbkoru
Gunilla from Finland

Minoru's Photo Diary
Japan

The Road to Here

Squirrel Queen, Washington State, USA

Love That Image
Sara, Seattle, USA



Jocee's Farm
New Zealand

  
If I have missed out anyone's name please let me know, or if you have any suggestions to improve the blog, they would be very welcome.

Thank you my friends and have a great week ahead.

~~~~~~~

Today's Flowers was created by our good friend Luiz Santilli, Jr.




TF teamPupo - Sandy Carlson - Denise

If anyone would like to be a guest friend and share photos on our home page, details can be found at the top of Today's Flowers web site, which you will find here.
   

17 comments:

SquirrelQueen said...

You got some great shots of the bloom Denise. I grew up in Georgia and I remember my dad planting banana trees in our front yard. In the late summer there would be fruit. He had to take them into the basement each winter but he grew them for several years.

Carole M. said...

the fruits are quite special

eileeninmd said...

Denise, the banana plant is cool. Wonderful photos. Have a happy weekend!

Abraham Lincoln said...

I am looking forward to my first paw paw this summer. They have the consistency of bananas but have a lot of seeds. I will see if eating the seeds makes people swell up?

Terri Buster said...

I've seen banana plants before when I was a small girl living in Panama..in my mind I think of smaller trees ...of course I'm sure I don't even know what I was looking at since I was so young. This plant is very interesting.

Adam said...

it's quite unique

TexWisGirl said...

really neat!

Carver said...

Great shots of the banana plant. I don't think I've seen one.

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

I had a banana tree in my back yard when I lived in Hawaii, and orange trees in my yard in Florida. So nice to see one again. And no pesky mosquitoes at the Botanic Garden. Dianne

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Very pretty photos and instructive! We went to Jamaica a long time ago where we saw our first banana tree. We took so many pictures and the local people were kind of laughing at us... it is just common for them.

kissed by an angel said...

I never have seen banana plants in real life. They looking very high!
Thank you for the informations about these interesting plants!
Have a good and wonderful weekend, Denise!!! :)

Gill - That British Woman said...

that's neat Denise, I didn't know they had flowers.

Gunilla Bäck said...

Beautiful! I've seen the banana flowers at the Botanic Garden.

lina@womens perspectives said...

Banana plants and flowers can be seen easily here.
Wonderful shots.

Arija said...

Amazing structures aren't they? and different kinds of bananas have different flowers. Like most plants, they are really extraordinary.

diane b said...

They are common around here but the illustration was interesting.

Kay said...

We always had a banana tree in our backyard when I was growing up so I did see those banana flowers often. We'd also get a ton of bananas so we'd have to give most of it to neighbors. I was surprised when I took a Botany class and learned that bananas are an oversized grass. That was really amazing to me.