Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A lovely surprise in the mail from.....

dear friends Marina and Antigoni from the beautiful country of Greece.  It was a lovely cook book full of the most delicious looking Greek recipes, thoughtfully provided in English.  Thank you so much my sweet friends, I am going to have a lot of fun making these wonderful recipes!

You can visit Marina and Antigoni's blogs here and here.

I hope this is correct, I am trusting the internet!  It should read "Many thanks!"  


Here is their lovely gift.











You meet some wonderful people through blogging.  

I hope I get to Greece one day, and my dear friends for you I wish only the best in life.

16 comments:

Evi @ sexta-feira said...

Yes, it's absolutely correct! :)

Greek food is delicious, I'm sure you will love those recipes. I'm off to visit those two fellow Greek bloggers. Have a nice evening!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Surprises of any sort in the mail are great, but a cookbook filled with delicious recipes is a wonderful treat.

Michelle said...

What a wonderful gift.

Cloudia said...

Yes, I met YOU!

Looks like awesome food. Enjoy




ALOHA from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral
> < } } ( ° >

schmidleysscribblins.com said...

Beautiful cookbook,beautiful country!

Gill - That British Woman said...

I love Greek Food.....you're a lucky lady getting that.

Kerri Farley said...

That is very special!!!

Kay said...

Aaaah! So they must know what a great cook you are, Denise! And yes, you sure do meet the nicest people while blogging.

Debbie said...

ooohhhh yum, now that's food!! A very thoughtful gift!!

River said...

The recipes look lovely, I don't believe I've ever tried Greek food, I know I don't like lamb, but I may have to look into some other Greek recipes.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

What a thoughtful and beautiful gift from blog-friends afar.
Get cooking now, goodness knows it's the right weather for you over there to cook up a storm Denise!

Elephant's Child said...

Yummo. I don't eat lamb either, but there are many, many greek recipes I love.
Wonderful gift.

eileeninmd said...

Denise, what a lovely gift. The cookbook and recipes look wonderful..You will have share the meal and recipe you choose to make first..Have a happy day!

Valerie said...

Lovely surprise. You'll have a lot of pleasure trying out all those recipes, Denise.

Gail Dixon said...

That is a really sweet gift. How thoughtful and generous!

Tanya Breese said...

oh how fun and now you must share the recipes with us!! yum! i love greek food!