Tuesday, December 10, 2013

NATURE NOTES

When we were at the Grand Canyon not so long ago we were very taken with the Rock Squirrels that inhabited the area.  In the photo below you will see one of them sitting on the edge of a very, very steep drop.  He had a better head for heights than I did.  


They had no fear.


I sat on the wall for some length - not close to the edge - taking in that incredible view.  The Rock Squirrel seemed to be doing the same.





This is a view I would never get tired of.











I think we stayed sitting on that particular wall for over an hour taking it all in, before moving on to the next overlook.  Not only did we get many photos of the Grand Canyon, our little friend here was happy to pose for oodles of photos.  











He gave my snapping finger plenty of exercise.


Finally it was time to move on and we said adieu.


I thought we were free and clear but when we had almost reached our car we found another.  






I asked him if he would like to come home with me but he declined.


If you would like to find out more about these cute little animals, you can click here.

I am linking with Michelle's Nature Notes this week.  Thank you for hosting Michelle, I enjoy this lovely meme very much.