Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Icy Morning and Feathered Friends

Yesterday morning we woke up to this.  The day before it snowed and then today it snowed again.  Ours was a milder snow than other areas in the country, only about two inches.  


I refilled the bird feeders, tossed out the peanuts and filled the water dish.  I was reminded to get a heated bird bath because it didn't take too long for the water to freeze.











The first birds to come to breakfast were the Blue Jays......











and the Tufted Titmouse.













There was also a Red-bellied Woodpecker and a Carolina Wren, but I didn't get photos of them.  They were too fast for me.


The ice disappeared later on in the day.  When I poked my head outside the constant drip, drip, drip caused me to think it was raining but it was the melt-down.  Hopefully the snow won't hang around very long either.