Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Flying Machines

I am still in my 'turning photos into cartoons' phase, so I hope you will indulge me a little longer until I get it out of my system.  


These were taken at the Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center not too far from our international airport.  We may have to put up with a lot of traffic in this area, but we have a lot of neat places to go to and this place is just under half an hour away from our home.  


If you click here it will take you to their home page.  


We went there a few weeks ago with our son and it is a great place to visit.  We have been there several times since its opening, and always it is like the first time.


To borrow the first line from that very famous musical, "Those magnificent men in their flying machines".  You look up at those small airplanes hanging from the ceiling, you wonder how on earth they ever got off the ground.  The people who flew them must have been very brave.